HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 17 »

Re: Newbie Fish and Chips Day on the LL

From Philadelphia
Quote:

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Foxy .. 70 degrees is the tipping point, no?

Also, with the weather we have had right now it is fairly safe all day or should it be early AM & Late PM for trout

//Per HA .. next gadget I get is a thermometer

Yes 70 is definitely the top. I prefer to only fish early mornings this time of year but early evening could be okay too, we just stay out of the middle of the day. Yes, thermometer is a must in June thru September.

Posted on: 2012/6/26 18:16

From North East PA
Fox, not sure what you mean, things are a little foggy........

Joy has mentioned doing a picnic down at the Little Lehigh sometime, so I'll run this by her and see how she feels about coming down early in the am. Might be nice to have this as a family event.
If we do, I have a portable gas grill that is fair sized and a canopy that we can bring down. We can go the route of bring your meat and grill when you want or we can chip in for burgers and dogs.

What time would you want to start fishing? Due to the 90 minute drive down, that could be the sticking point for having Joy with me. (She's not as fond of waking early as I am)

Looks like the 21st is a no-go for us. I have tickets to go see Steve Chapin and the other members of Harry Chapin's band at Droflinger that night.

The 14th is open as far as I know.

Posted on: 2012/6/26 18:37

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:
Yes 70 is definitely the top. I prefer to only fish early mornings this time of year but early evening could be okay too, we just stay out of the middle of the day. Yes, thermometer is a must in June thru September.

Yeah .. think Ill head to Dicks in the next few and pick one up.

I read a few threads that certain types of streams stay much cooler than others in the hazy, hot days of summer and are fishable all day

What's the deal with that?

Within an hr of Philly, any direction .. what trout creeks/streams stay the coolest?

Posted on: 2012/6/26 20:34

From Philadelphia
Quote:

Stagger_Lee wrote:
I read a few threads that certain types of streams stay much cooler than others in the hazy, hot days of summer and are fishable all day

What's the deal with that?

Within an hr of Philly, any direction .. what trout creeks/streams stay the coolest?

Wow, not much within an hour of Philly. Mostly Limestone streams and small mountain streams hold a good temp. We'll talk more at Fish & Chips.

Posted on: 2012/6/26 20:57

From Philadelphia
Quote:

djs12354 wrote:
Fox, not sure what you mean, things are a little foggy........

Joy has mentioned doing a picnic down at the Little Lehigh sometime, so I'll run this by her and see how she feels about coming down early in the am. Might be nice to have this as a family event.
If we do, I have a portable gas grill that is fair sized and a canopy that we can bring down. We can go the route of bring your meat and grill when you want or we can chip in for burgers and dogs.

What time would you want to start fishing? Due to the 90 minute drive down, that could be the sticking point for having Joy with me. (She's not as fond of waking early as I am)

Looks like the 21st is a no-go for us. I have tickets to go see Steve Chapin and the other members of Harry Chapin's band at Droflinger that night.

The 14th is open as far as I know.

Dave, you know me, nothing has to be set in stone. I have no problem making it a family thing. I actually think that might be a great idea. I'm going to get there around 5:30 to fish but no one has to be as nutty as me. We can make a day of it, people come and go as they please. I think we have one guy bring burgers and another guy dogs, etc. Wives and kids optional but MORE than welcome.

Posted on: 2012/6/26 21:04

From chester ct
Tricos will be prime those weekends, and the spinners will fall about 8:00am. Depending on the air temps, they will be done by 10:00 or so. Then terrestials and maybe BWO and caddis will produce. Midges always seem to be around, but the trouts will key on the more delicious bugs if they are hatching (or falling).

The Lil Lehi in the Heritage area stays cool, even during hot spells, since it gets a lot of cool springs feeding it. You can ffish all day, though the trouts may not be active when the bugs are laying low.

tl
les

Posted on: 2012/6/26 23:10

From Bucks County
maybe......just maybe will I finally be able to make it out to one of these!!

Posted on: 2012/6/27 0:13

From Palmer Twp
What is the date for this? Would like to attend but need the exact date.
Thank you
Jay

Posted on: 2012/6/27 2:23

From Wayne County
I might try to venture down for this. Sounds like a good time.

Posted on: 2012/6/27 5:17

From Couldn't Care Less
Cathy, always a good time and the 'old timers' really help out us newbies. Hope I can make this one but I won't know until a date is firmed up and we get closer

Posted on: 2012/6/27 7:05

From Bucks County
I think I could do either weekend. Looking forward to it!

Posted on: 2012/6/27 8:41

From Philadelphia
Quote:

CathyG wrote:
I might try to venture down for this. Sounds like a good time.

I hope you can make it. Dave and team have great things to say about you and I would love to meet you.

Posted on: 2012/6/27 13:11

From Philadelphia
Quote:

jaymason wrote:
What is the date for this? Would like to attend but need the exact date.
Thank you
Jay

Much to the chagrin of my buddy JT, it's looking like July 14th is going to be the date.

Posted on: 2012/6/27 13:11

From Philadelphia
Ed (aka Heritic-Angler) has not chimed in here. In most cases one would think no news is good news but in Ed's cases he's probably preparing a soliloquy that will tear me up!

Oh Ed where is thee????????????????????????

Posted on: 2012/6/27 13:15

From Philadelphia
Quote:

lestrout wrote:
Tricos will be prime those weekends, and the spinners will fall about 8:00am. Depending on the air temps, they will be done by 10:00 or so. Then terrestials and maybe BWO and caddis will produce. Midges always seem to be around, but the trouts will key on the more delicious bugs if they are hatching (or falling).

The Lil Lehi in the Heritage area stays cool, even during hot spells, since it gets a lot of cool springs feeding it. You can ffish all day, though the trouts may not be active when the bugs are laying low.

tl
les

Les, you should come up and join us. These newbies could OD on the info you could share with them!

Posted on: 2012/6/27 15:35

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 17 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com