Newbie Fish & Chips Session II - Saturday, July 28th

Foxgap239

Foxgap239

I figured I'd start a new thread so that those of us going to the "real" event can just read this one.

First off, even though this is entitled "Newbie", this event is open to any PAFF members. Our current block of newbies are like sponges and they will absorb any advice, ideas or pointers you wish to impart. Please join us if you can.

Below is a list of who is coming and what they agreed to bring, at least as I can remember it. I know several other people told me they were coming but I don't want to read through the other thread, so remind this old man, please. Let me know what you wish to bring. It is VERY important to let us know if you are coming so that we can have enough food and beverages. There is no alcolhol permitted in the park, so please don't bring any.

Attendees List with what they have agreed to bring, so far. :)

DJS - Grill
Fox - water and hot dogs
JT - Soda with cooler and ice
Stag - burgers

Still need:
more burgers and dogs
burger and dog rolls
chips, pretzels or any picnic junk food you think will work
napkins, plasticware, plates, etc
condiments (mustad, relish, etc)
anything you think we need that I missed

Fishing for tricos last week was really good. The fish were cooperative and the water was great. H-A is going to order another round of rain for Friday to make the creek just like it was last week. I used both size 22 and 24 tricos and "hooked" fish on both. Did not do much landing but that ain't the fly's fault! Come join us if you never fished tricos, we'll guide you through it. Also, I'll bring my tying stuff and demo tying the tricos I learned from another board member recently. They are easy to see and I have to admit, worked well. I'll also go over tying techniques for those who want to ask anything.

Last week's group only fished and I have to tell you, we laughed almost the entire time. Please consider joining us. Worst that can happen is that make new fishing friends. I honestly haven't met a PAFF person that I wouldn't like to fish with again. (Can't say that they'd want to fish again with me but that's a Delta-Dog of another color) They are simply good people to be around, yeah, even you DD!

Let the responses begin. I look forward to seeing everyone bright and early Saturday!

I got cooler and ice with the sodas. And some waters.

trying to talk my wife into taking the family to the hatchery and stopping by to say hello. It's quite a drive to see a #censor# ton of fish in a concrete shoot but I know my daughter will love it. I'll let you know if we plan on making it for the picnic and what we'll bring.

paparise wrote:
trying to talk my wife into taking the family to the hatchery and stopping by to say hello. It's quite a drive to see a #censor# ton of fish in a concrete shoot but I know my daughter will love it. I'll let you know if we plan on making it for the picnic and what we'll bring.

Catching all those fish last week on tricos got you hooked!!!!!!!! :-D

I will be there. I'll bring some chips and stuff like that.

Current Update:

DJS - Grill
Fox - water and hot dogs
Stag - burgers
GRP - Chips and stuff

Still need:
more burgers and dogs
burger and dog rolls
pretzels or any picnic junk food you think will work
napkins, plasticware, plates, etc

Look forward to meeting you GRP!

Also, if I can find a Dunkin Donuts up that way, I'll get a Box of Joe for the early risers unless someone wants to make that their donation. I leave too early to get one by home, even Dunkin isn't open yet. I love EARLY!

Just wondering George, do you use a green inch worm to catch tricos on a fly? :)
I'll be there, and I can bring a grill and some meat.

Carolyn and I will bring some burgers (Stagg, how many should we get between us?). We will also bring a macaroni or potato salad of some sorts and Carolyn said she will make her extremely tasty homemade chocolate chip cookies :)

Looking forward to fishing the tricos. I didn't think I'd get to hit them this year, but now I will! Will also bring paper plates, napkins and plastic forks, knives, spoons.

I will be bringing baked beans. And a club for anyone I find fishing in my hole! Including you George!! :p

I plan on coming back saturday. Now that I got back on trout water I don't feel like the harrassing the bass and bluegills.

I was thinking of bringing paper plates, forks, napkins etc.

Latest Update:

DJS - Grill
Fox - water and hot dogs and hot dog rolls
Stag - burgers
GRP - Chips (GRP could you bring burger rolls instead of the plates and such?)
Chaz - grill and meat plus his vast FF knowledge
Martin - burgers and potato salad
Better Martin - homemade Choc Chip Cookies
DD - baked beans
CathG - plates, napkins and plasticware

Still need:
more dogs and rolls
burger rolls
pretzels or any picnic junk food you think will work

I think McFinn will be joining us and we need to include Dave (I think that is his name but we all know me and names, right Katelyn?) at the flyshop since he'll be hosting us right outside his shop. We could have about 20 people or more when it's all said and done. This could be a "1st Annual". Boy wouldn't that be cool.

Chaz wrote:
Just wondering George, do you use a green inch worm to catch tricos on a fly? :)
I'll be there, and I can bring a grill and some meat.

Geeeeeeeez Chaz, I can't give away all of my secrets! Look forward to seeing you. These guys and gals can pick another brain, I think they done picked mine clean!

I can bring burger rolls instead of the paper products. Just need an idea how many rolls to bring.

GRP wrote:
I can bring burger rolls instead of the paper products. Just need an idea how many rolls to bring.

THANKS!
Two packs should be plenty. I may update that or get someone else to bring some more once we know how many people and how many burgers but I think two packs would be great.

Another thing, if anyone needs any fly fishing supplies consider holding off and buying it at the shop. Be nice to support that guy that's helping us make this possible. I think he has some tying supplies too. Thanks.

I checked my picnic supplies. I also have foil and paper towels. I'll also bring a small table or 2 to put supplies on to leave room on picnic tables for people to sit and eat.

Thanks Cathy. This is going to be a lot of fun. I'm glad Stagger gave me the idea. Speaking of Stag, where are you? You are way too quiet. I hope all is well and you are still joining us.

Foxy .. let me do the burgers and the rolls so it will free up GRP to bring something else ... just let me know

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Foxy .. let me do the burgers and the rolls so it will free up GRP to bring something else ... just let me know

Cool, you got it. I'll let everyone know a count by Thursday.

GRP - how about you bring mustad, relish and ketchup? Will that work? Sorry to keep changing things on you.

Carolyn and I will bring some burgers (Stagg, how many should we get between us?). We will also bring a macaroni or potato salad of some sorts and Carolyn said she will make her extremely tasty homemade chocolate chip cookies :)

Chaz .. look forward to meeting you. U will be happy to know that on the H20 all I do is ask questions, retain a lil bit of knowledge, have fun and have absolutely no opinion :-D

If someone else is bringing hotdawgs let me do all the burgers and buns. Least I can do considering what all the senior members/fly fishers have done btwn the Instructional jam, newbie jams and on the water help as well as knowledge you gents passed on to me on this board. Just need a count on FridayAM of who is eating burgers as I tend to usually purchase to lil or to much.

Back