New to the form, new to fly fishing, and totally hooked

J

justind724

Hello guys, and gals.

I just want introduce myself here on the site. I have been fly fishing for about a month not and I am totally hooked.

I am from the Butler area. I have been fishing Thorn Creek, and Buffalo Creek with a fair amount of success. Headed up to Slippery Rock Creek and found it basically impossible to wade and very high fast water.

Over the past month I been hooking into them using streamers, buggers, and some dry flies. Last night I tried nymphing for the first time on Buffalo creek and I successfully landed about 10 trout in 4 hours, and also hooked into a few on a dry elk-hair caddis fly.

Any-who, Like I said, I am just introducing myself, I am looking forward to chatting with some you gentlemen about the questions I have in the future.

I am always looking for new places to fish, and new people to meet. So if anyone from the butler /slippery rock area ever is looking for a new fishing buddy let me know.

Cheers guys,

Justin D.

Welcome from Maryland, And to one of the great forums on Fly fishing. You will get good info from a bunch of great forum members. Good luck. :-D

welcome there is a great bunch guys on here with a lot of great info

Welcome, sounds like you are off to a great start. There is much to learn here. Lots of info.

GenCon

Welcome! For only fly fishing for a short time you are doing great.
Bill

Welcome to the Jungle!

10 trout in 4 hours and fishing a variety of flies is VERY good, for only fly fishing a month! Did you have fishing experience before switching to fly? Welcome aboard!

Don't know how old you are but if you are free to-wander west and you won't regret it.

Welcome Justin .... very impressive #'s for a newbie ... keep it up

Nice to see another local on here! I grew up fishing Buffalo with spinning tackle. I've just recently started fly fishing and actually fished the DHALO section of Buffalo on Thursday.

:beer:

Back