HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

Re: My Problem of Hooking Trout

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:
swattie87 wrote:
The dumb Brookies I fish for will eat a size 10 Royal Wulff floating upstream attached to 10 lb mono!

I nominate swattie to host the next newbie jam on one of his streams

Posted on: 2012/7/31 13:46

From Albrightsville, PA
Quote:

Swattie87 wrote:
Anyone else notice the least common denominator in seemingly all of our hot threads?...It's that darn polluted wild Brown stream in a National Park in suburban Philly I tell ya! Brings out the fight in all of us!

I don't do that kind of fishing too often but 6x is the smallest I carry. If I can't catch em' on that I don't want to catch them. The dumb Brookies I fish for will eat a size 10 Royal Wulff floating upstream attached to 10 lb mono!

Raises a point about not making things too technical. Personally as much as enjoy fishing places like Valley when I get the opportunity I'd much rather be fishing for brookies elsewhere where much of these concerns are nil. Of course that's not everywhere, there are places brookies can be a tad difficult.

Posted on: 2012/7/31 13:50

From Philadelphia
Quote:

PoconoPaul wrote:
Personally as much as enjoy fishing places like Valley when I get the opportunity I'd much rather be fishing for brookies elsewhere where much of these concerns are nil. Of course that's not everywhere, there are places brookies can be a tad difficult.

After today, SO WOULD I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2012/7/31 13:58

From Philadelphia
Quote:

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Quote:
swattie87 wrote:
The dumb Brookies I fish for will eat a size 10 Royal Wulff floating upstream attached to 10 lb mono!

Wow, talk about what have you done for me lately syndrome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2012/7/31 13:59

From South Lebanon Township, PA
Quote:

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Quote:
swattie87 wrote:

I was mostly just joking to lighten the mood of the thread a bit, but in all honesty I think the average Brookie in a small, remote freestoner would probably eat/attempt to eat a fly presented in that manner...provided it didn't see you, the angler, first.

I'd be happy to lead a newbie Brookie expedition some time if there's enough interest. May need more than one "leader" if there's enough interest, as you can't really put groups bigger than 3 or 4 guys tops on these streams without really limiting the amount of time you get to fish. If there's legit interest, start a new thread and we can discuss.

Posted on: 2012/7/31 14:01

From Albrightsville, PA
Quote:

Foxgap239 wrote:
Quote:

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Quote:
swattie87 wrote:

Here here - guess no one's interested in the NE edition Shane and I talked about Saturday. We're looking at the first week of October, possibly Hickory Run SP.

Posted on: 2012/7/31 14:08

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:

Quote:
Stagger_Lee wrote:

Quote:
swattie87 wrote:

Foxgap wrote:

Hey, You and Ed are my top 2 Most Valuable Posters. After last weekend I have 4 but need one more to cut it off @ 5

I’m just upset that I started a controversial thread outside the OT Forum, especially when I didn’t mean too!

Posted on: 2012/7/31 14:10

From Philadelphia
Quote:

Stagger_Lee wrote:
I’m just upset that I started a controversial thread outside the OT Forum, especially when I didn’t mean too!

Nothing to be upset about. H-A and I went at it and that's on us not you or anyone else. He and I will hopefully make nice and be busting each other again shortly. I mean how long can he stay mad when he sees the female version of me in the Chocolate Video! The man only has so much will power! Even I can't piss someone off that bad, at least I don't think I can. I can also invite him to Cali Burrito to make peace, you know there is no way he blows that off!

Posted on: 2012/7/31 14:17

From Philadelphia
Quote:

PoconoPaul wrote:
Here here - guess no one's interested in the NE edition Shane and I talked about Saturday. We're looking at the first week of October, possibly Hickory Run SP.

Oh you are SO wrong my Brookie Catching Friend. I'm waiting with pen in hand to mark ye ole calendar!

Posted on: 2012/7/31 14:18

From Etters,Pa
You can count me in also. Hell im always game if there's fishing to be done.

Posted on: 2012/7/31 14:31

From South Lebanon Township, PA
Started a new thread about it...let's discuss there.

Sorry to the OP for the derailment.

Posted on: 2012/7/31 14:32

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:
swattie wrote:

Started a new thread about it...let's discuss there.

Sorry to the OP for the derailment.

No worries .. Last thing I am is a thread nazi as they are as bad as grammEr Nazis. I threw it out there for a laugh but I’m always game to get out with guys that know what they are doing and learning different types of fishing techniques.

Also, tho I haven’t gotten out there, I still have my pickering creek thread bookmarked as well as ur PMs saved. I know the next time I try to fish that creek I will spend 4 hrs fishing instead of driving around looking for access and parking. You’re OK in my book!

Posted on: 2012/7/31 15:02

From Couldn't Care Less
PPaul .. I posted my interest in the fish and chips thread

Posted on: 2012/7/31 15:03

From Newtown Square
Paul thank you for your post. I have had a few at VC and have also had outings that have left me flustered. It nice to read that I am not the only one who has had days where the trout were completely different in what they would take and not take. TIPPET aside I think my "natural drift skills" need the most improvement. Thanks to everyone for the helpful advise. I enjoy this leaning process very much. If anyone has specific patterns they really like for Valley I'm am all ears? I've had some success with ants and ICSI (22) midges.

Posted on: 2012/7/31 15:37

From Albrightsville, PA
Quote:

wvuandy1 wrote:
Paul thank you for your post. I have had a few at VC and have also had outings that have left me flustered. It nice to read that I am not the only one who has had days where the trout were completely different in what they would take and not take. TIPPET aside I think my "natural drift skills" need the most improvement. Thanks to everyone for the helpful advise. I enjoy this leaning process very much. If anyone has specific patterns they really like for Valley I'm am all ears? I've had some success with ants and ICSI (22) midges.

Thanks... Yeah, Valley can be fickle at best. Some patterns I've found effective on this stream are caddis emergers (16/18), tan and orange crane flies (size 18) and bwo's (18, 20). This time of the year I'd fish ants (red and black), bettles, crickets and the occassional grasshopper. On the nymph side Har's Ear's have always been effective and the more buggier (and sloppy) they look the better. Pheasant Tails are also sometimes effective - these fished best when nothing to speak of is hatching.

Posted on: 2012/7/31 16:29

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com