Mid-Day Lackawanna

djs12354

djs12354

It was supposed to be my Friday off, but I had to put a couple of hours in this morning, due to end-of-month activity, which stopped me from morning fishing.

I went by my brother's house to prep the boat for Saturday morning and was surprised to see him home. (He was supposed to be heading for the Harrisburg area.

Since he was home, I asked if he wanted to fish for a couple of hours. He said yes, so we headed for the Lackawanna River, down in Dickson City.

River was down and sun was high, so I wasn't expecting much action. Put on a bead-head copper john and worked a stretch of faster water that had some shade on it. We caught a few chubs, but I kept seeing something that looked like a larger fish flashing, so I kept coming back to that one section. Patience paid off with a nice 12" brown.

Hadn't really expected to see much action with the sun so high and water so low, so it was a pleasing experience.

That shows you that nymphs can be effective just about any time even mid day. Sounds like you had fun.

Fished the Lack in Dickson City today, missed 2 on a black bugger.

Cool thing was I saw a bald eagle. Twice. First he flew upstream over my head. Then I was packing up my stuff and decided to hit a spot close by. I drove there, walked to the river and spooked him out of a tree.

I'm used to seeing them on the Lackawaxen (very common), but this is only the second time I've seen one on the Lack.

CathyG wrote:
Fished the Lack in Dickson City today, missed 2 on a black bugger.

Cool thing was I saw a bald eagle. Twice. First he flew upstream over my head. Then I was packing up my stuff and decided to hit a spot close by. I drove there, walked to the river and spooked him out of a tree.

I'm used to seeing them on the Lackawaxen (very common), but this is only the second time I've seen one on the Lack.

Went fr an hour yesterday and didn't touch anything. Water was up considerably form where is was before the rain.

Haven't seen the eagle on the Lack yet, but it sounds like it's only a matter of time.

Back