Knot App on Droid

shirk81

shirk81

Just wanted to let people know there is an App on Google Play (formerly Droid Market) where it shows you the different knots that can be used. I didn't really check it out yet but it might be useful when practicing or if you need a quick reference.

Look forward to the name and ur review.

I have done a lil research and the Ovis FlyFish app looks really good

Ovis Fly Fish App Review

It is $15 bucks so i haven't pulled the trigger .. yet. You do get a $5 gift card to Orvis with the purchase

Are the Orvis Fly Fish books (large selection) any good?

The app is called Fishing Knots and after playing around with it a little bit, it is good for a reference so far. I feel it has all the major knots such as Blood Knot, Arbor Knot, Albright Knot and so on even includes knots for spinner fishing.

It seems to be on par with most instructions with minor tweaks. For instance Blood knot it says to wrap each end 5 times instead of only 4 which is what I have been taught.

I guess the main point here is that it is free and you can't beat that. It is useful for beginners as a quick guide and I think even people who are familiar with knots. Brain Farts happen to everyone so this is good for a reference for veterans. I'd give it 3.5 or 4 out of 5. I would like to see more of an animated interface.

Back