Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Keystone College to Offer FF Course

From Media Pa
Keystone College and Lackawanna Valley Chapter of Trout Unlimited will present a Learn to Fly Fish course on its campus in La Plume.

The program, which is free to the public, runs each Saturday from 10 a.m. until noon, through Oct. 23.

Funded by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, the interactive program will teach fly fishing basics and provide practice for mastering introductory techniques.

Participants will learn a variety of skills including how to assemble fly-fishing tackle, how to cast, how to select the correct line and leader for various fishing situations, and how to use basic surface fishing techniques, among other skills.

Participants will also learn about catch and release fishing and how to become stewards of aquatic and other natural resources.

All equipment (rod, reel, leaders, line, fly tying kits and waders) will be provided for use free of charge.

All participants must be at least 14 years old and have a valid fishing license.

To register, contact Nancy Savage at 570.945.8156.

Posted on: 2010/10/7 9:44

Re: Keystone College to Offer FF Course

From Jefferson Twp
The course started 3-weeks ago. This Saturday will be the 4th with 2 more to follow. It's booked to the max number of students.

Leo

Posted on: 2010/10/7 13:24

Re: Keystone College to Offer FF Course

From Media Pa
That runs counter to Sals post that the number of FFisherman are dwindling

Posted on: 2010/10/7 14:16

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com