Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: How far would you go for a flyrod/fly shop?

From Cogan Station, PA
Thanks everyone. It seems it may be worth my while to pay a visit to a few of these shops. I might make it out there in a couple of weekends once my schedule frees up a bit.

Posted on: 2012/12/6 7:08

From Philadelphia PA
I normally travel around 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to either two shops that are around the Philly area. Other than that if you want to count my reel and flies purchased up at Salmon River (5 hours drive) when I went up for steelheads that one day, that's ok.
Only a few of my flies purchased in the philly area would have worked up there. Sometimes you have to go to the local area fly shop to see what's best for that area.

Posted on: 2012/12/17 14:52
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Greensburg, PA
...as far as I would to fish a decent stream. There could be one near by. Hit it on the way to or from the stream. but for JUST a shop. Only a couple minutes.

Posted on: 2012/12/18 14:02

From State College PA
FYI
FFP no longer carries SAGE
TCO state college has few SAGE models in the shop, but not all. The TCO website has practically the whole line. They may drop ship or have a greater variety at other locations. I would call first to see if they have what you are looking for on hand. they might be willing to transfer a rod or two from another store to that location for you.

Posted on: 2012/12/19 7:57

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com