Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Hitting strike indicator

From altoona pa
I was fishing the Little J yesterday,it was a good day but a little puzzling. I was nymph fishing using strike putty for my indicator in green.I had at least 5 fish try to take my indicator.I tried a Green Weenie as my top fly with no luck,then went to a inchworm the same size on top .No way they would not touch it.If I felt it wasnt cheating i would have put it on a hook,lol.I did catch a decent number of fish,but what the heck.

Posted on: 7/6 19:36

Re: Hitting strike indicator

From Mill Hall
I've had fish hit my strike indicator before and it always makes me laugh. I saw somewhere once where you could buy a strike indicator with a hook in it. No way I could bring myself to actually use it though.

Posted on: 7/6 19:38

From Dallastown, PA
Ever hopper dropper? Then you've done it.

Posted on: 7/6 21:14

From Burke VA
Quote:

Maurice wrote:

Yup first indicator take and I'm probably going terrestrial with a dropper. I had a brown on spring take an indicator and not let go for two or three seconds, it was really something to see.

Posted on: 7/6 22:30

From Mill Hall
Quote:

Maurice wrote:

I meant to switch to a thingamabobber with a hook. Dry dropper sure,green weenie Sure! But the thingamabobber with a hook is where I draw the line

Posted on: 7/7 0:23

From Lewistown
Happened to me more than once. Abut two months ago I was fishing a run on Kish and a nice fish came up and hit my indicator. Did it a few times so I switched to a bigger dry attractor. No luck. Moved on. Came back to the same run later, and the damn thing hit the indicator two more times. Crazy.

Posted on: 7/7 14:34

From SE PA
If you put a tippit ring by the eye of the hopper and feed your line through as you would a thing a ma bobber you can easily a just your hopper dropper! Works great on rookie streams too!

Posted on: 7/7 22:14

Jessed, that sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure exactly how you're doing it... where do you put the knots, if any? or are you just snugging up loops?

Posted on: 7/19 19:24

From Southeast, PA
Yea Jessed - that sounds like an awesome idea and I am also quite curious to hear more about it.

Posted on: 7/26 23:43

From Philadelphia PA
Just use a dry fly for your indicator. The possibilities of a double hook up brings a smile to my face.

Posted on: 7/31 12:43

Remember: Never replace "I Don't Know How" with "I Can't"

From SE PA
I put 4x on the hopper and put the tippit ring to the eye of the hook as close as i can get . That way it has more movement in riffles and fast water! And instead of tying a knot on the tippit ring you would make the thingamabobber loop and you can adjust it!

Posted on: 7/31 18:15

Edited by Jessed on 2017/7/31 18:57:00
Edited by Jessed on 2017/7/31 18:57:24

From South Jersey
Several years ago I was fishing Valley Creek in Malvern with a dropper - dry rig. I had two fish on and landed both. Then I had the land owner tell me I was on posted land. Quite an interesting day.

Posted on: 8/8 11:47

Salmo

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com