Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Good Morning Gents

From Couldn't Care Less
I have watched some shows on the ODoor channel and the Fishing channel and fly fishing is something I could get in to, or at least try.

My father (in retirement) tried to pick up Fly Fishing as a hobby as he played to much golf. Didn't take and he handed me a decent amount of gear.

Now what as I have never been a fisher??

Thanks for advice in advance

Posted on: 2012/3/22 8:33

Re: Good Morning Gents
From Gettysburg
Hello Stagger.

Posted on: 2012/3/22 8:38

From Philadelphia
Welcome Stagger. Where are you from?

The reason I ask is that there is a great PAFF Instructional event taking place this Saturday at the Little Lehigh. I think that would be a great place for you to start.

Posted on: 2012/3/22 8:44

From Pittsburgh, PA
Welcome, Stagger_Lee. I'm fairly new around here too, but I like your username. What part of the state are you in?

Posted on: 2012/3/22 9:21

From Couldn't Care Less
Bucks county pa .. Northampton Township.

Thanks for welcomes.

Just noticed the Instructional Jamboree thread and it looks like something I may have to head up too as it's only 45 miles from me.
Seems perfect for a guy who has picked up a rod a handful of times just to figure out how to cast and the only knots I know how to tie are the ones on my 4 year olds sneakers.

I'll have some questions in a few abt what equipment to bring and the like but work calls me right now.

@stal42 . Hey Now, like ur avatar/reel!

Posted on: 2012/3/22 9:32

From Downingtown
Welcome Stagger! I'm new to the game too - and I'll definitely be up at the beginner jam this Saturday, hope to see you there.

Posted on: 2012/3/22 10:57

From Dauphin
Welcome stagger. Your in a pretty nice place for fishing. I would suggest the newbie jam. There you may learn a lot but also meet someone who you could tag along with to get extra knowledge.

Posted on: 2012/3/22 11:59

From florida
Welcome aboard. Get to the beginners jam. Gotta be a good time. GG

Posted on: 2012/3/22 15:57

From North East PA
Welcome to the Jungle !

Hope to see you at the jam!

Posted on: 2012/3/22 17:29

From Couldn't Care Less
Have yet to figure out how to quote on this board

@Jimbo87 …. Think I am going to go, wife just has to confirm a few things to handle with the kids. How new? Have you fished yet?

@IdratherbePhising .. any suggestions on quality fishing holes here in Bucks?

Per the beginner jam .. as I said have a ton of stuff from my dad so should I just bring what I have and go from there?

Pretty excited to get started

Posted on: 2012/3/22 20:22

From LV
Welcome, I'm from Richboro!

Posted on: 2012/3/22 22:19

From Lambertville
Welcome Stagger. I'm just getting back into fly fishing after a 5 year layoff and I've only been in the Doylestown area for 3 years.

Mainstream Outfitters is an Orvis shop on Rt 611 about 5 min above Doylestown. They can provide a lot of advice.

Posted on: 2012/3/24 19:08

From Couldn't Care Less
Chaz and RC ..

Any decent places to fish and learn the water and such around these parts. Until summer I have limited time so it will be tough to head up to the Allentown area every weekend tho I will get their a few times.

Do you guys know anything about the fishing @ Tyler, Core Creek, Playwiki park, Neshaminy creek, etc

Core creek is very wide open on the water so that seems like a nice place to practice my casting on the h2o

Any recommendations in the area?

Posted on: 2012/3/25 8:15

From Lambertville
I've been away from fishing for 5 yrs and I only moved to Doylestown, PA about 3 yrs ago. Previously I was in Huntingdon Valley and Chestnut Hill and fished the Pennypack in Phila (Verree Rd) and in Montgomery County in Lorimer Park, the Wissahickon and the Tulpehocken near Reading and some streams in Lancaster.

Core Creek is not stocked and I don't like the Neshaminy in Warwick. I believe the Neshaminy is stocked in the northern end of Tyler Park. I've heard good things about the Tohicken above New Hope and the Delaware canal in Yardley and north.

Here's the PA trout stocking guide for Bucks County

Buck County Stocking

This year I plan to hit the Delaware Canal and the Tohicken.

There are other good streams in Bucks, but I'm not familiar with them.

Finding access to streams can be frustrating so it's best to study maps online and do some scouting.

Lastly, it may be worth your while to hit Mainstream Outfitters on 611 north of Doylestown. They can give you ideas. I may go there to take a much needed lesson in casting.

I'll do a little research (for my own benefit also) and add some more info to your thread and / or send you a pm.

Posted on: 2012/3/25 20:47

From Downingtown
Hey Stagger - as in, brand new. I've been fly fishing for about a week haha. I've been out a couple times, and have yet to catch a trout on a fly. Got some suckers...but no trout. Blah. Their day will come....

Posted on: 2012/3/26 14:41

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com