First Brookie

M

mikesl

Took advantage of the weather yesterday and the rainfall the night before to take a half day and head out to a schuylkill county brookie stream i had been watching, in search of my first brookie.

Ycf3Jjy.jpg

not a big one, but so pretty (sorry for bad pic - flash was on)

Here is the setting:
7emM3sN.jpg

I really liked this kind of small stream fishing and hope to get back for more - would love to get a wild rainbow before end of the year.

Congratulations!

That looks like my kind of stream.

A word to the wise...

That is how the addiction starts, right there. The next thing you know you'll be buying a 3wt, or a 2wt, and running up trickles in the mountains. Onlookers will be calling you nuts and tell you there are no fish in there.

Congratulations! That's a pretty little brookie and a great looking stream. The opportunities are practically endless here in PA for this type of fishing. Good luck.

That's a great start and you have picked what appears to be a great proving grounds. I hope you live close by it. Wild trout 365 and solitude is a great combo to learn fly fishing.

Thats a nice brookie! Where I fish, that's the typical size...I set my goal for colorful fish that take great pictures rather than size. Just finding brookies of any size gets me excited.

Very nice, congratulations. Good looking brookie, and a sweet stream you're stalking there.

Nice fish and beautiful stream.

I think the addiction may be taking hold....

Since I started out fishing smaller streams anyway, I had my 7'6 3wt with me.... but actually found it easier to use my 11' tankara rod to guide nymphs through the small pools between rocks - but lack of line length control in tenkara is really just silly. Wondering if this 9'6" 3-wt that is on sale for $120 would be a best of both worlds for this kind of situation...
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-CZN-Series-Rods/711817.uts

Back