FOR ALL THE NEWBIES.

osprey

osprey

Howdy , and welcome to this place. You've made a wise decision by joining this group. The folks that make up this group at some point decide to get together once every spring at a campgrounds they all meet up and it's called the JAM. I'm a near 60 year old ex Steelworker who lost my left leg below the knee in an accident in a steelmill and attended my second JAM this spring. After a long drive and some fishing and a few beers i fell asleep in a chair by the campfire. When i woke up , hours later i assume , i fully expected to be either painted or tied to the chair or worse yet robbed!!!! But this group of folks are some of the greatest , most decent and admirable people on the face of the Earth. If any of you have the chance to attend one of the JAMs do so with the knowledge that you are going to meet some of the GREATEST FOLK ANYWHERE........You all know who you are........heh. I LOVE YINZ ALL , Osprey.

Bump dat.

Osprey is right, the "jam" is one of a kind. If you've not been to this area you'll get on some great new water with some good people that know where to go. It's three days or more of fishing, camping, and socializing. Oh yea, and great food. Get there this spring if you can. Keep an eye in the fishing events & meet - up section for dates. :pint:

i fell asleep in a chair by the campfire. When i woke up , hours later i assume , i fully expected to be either painted or tied to the chair or worse yet robbed!!!

back in my younger days if you fell asleep while partying with your shoes on theses were common practices, and if you were an obnoxious drunk you were sewn to the couch you passed out on.

but on track glad to hear a good story, and making it out ok!

The very first thing this old , obnoxius drunk checked for was remnants of the old hand in warm water trick then i knew i was OK.

DJBerg wrote:
i fell asleep in a chair by the campfire. When i woke up , hours later i assume , i fully expected to be either painted or tied to the chair or worse yet robbed!!!

back in my younger days if you fell asleep while partying with your shoes on theses were common practices, and if you were an obnoxious drunk you were sewn to the couch you passed out on.

but on track glad to hear a good story, and making it out ok!

FI and I tried, but couldn't figure out how to get the needle through the wood bench.

+1

I've met a couple of really good people on here and some pretty damn good fisherman. I've attended 2 jams but didn't bringy gear. Just went up to hang out. I've attended some of the newbie jams to assist pointing new guys in the right direction and organized a few jams of my own. Good guys, common interest and beautiful surroundings. Can you really ask for more?

Osprey,
If I make next years jam, I'll bring a roller and a gallon of latex semi-gloss. What's your favorite color? :-D

Not to worry, I'm shifting my Catskills trip to late May so I can chase the bigger bugs.

Osprey preaching truth ... keep on keepin' on my brother

Back