DHALO help

P

pdmatak

I would like some clarification on the DHALO. I was fly fishing the East branch clarion river DHALO this past weekend and was wondering exactly what baits are allowed and not allowed. Specifically if your allowed to fish with egg patterns made of yarn or foam and also i want to bring my little brother out there but hes to young to fly fish and he fishes with a worm and was wondering if you could fish with a worm on this part or no.

I was told by some people that fish there that you can not use a worm and some people said yes and others said no on the egg patterns made of some synthetic material (I don't normally use the egg pattern except for the first few weeks of opening season) and was just looking for some clarification.

Worms - NO

Egg patterns i.e. glo-bugs or other varieties made with yarn, angora, etc. - YES

Here are the regulations for DHALO from the FBC site:

Fishing may be done with artificial lures only constructed of metal, plastic, rubber or wood, or with flies and streamers constructed of natural or synthetic materials. All such lures may be used with spinning or fly fishing gear.

The use or possession of any natural bait, baitfish, fishbait, bait paste and similar substances, fish eggs (natural or molded) or any other edible substance is prohibited.

egg patterns - yes
artificial worms (like the rubber worms for bass) - yes
live worms - no

If it is or was alive intact, you cannot use it in "Artificial" only waters, nor can you bathe it in juices.

The egg part is a little confusing to me, materials plastic, rubber and synthetic are OK, but molded eggs which are usually plastic or rubber are not. Which means the molded Otter eggs fall into the not approved category. Right?

I googled the otter eggs. yeah thats illegal...for sure.

Its bait. If it stinks, smells, puts off juices, tastes, provides nutrition, etc. its no good.

Back