Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Casting accuracy and distance - am I doing OK for a newbie?

From SEPA
Two things I learned from someone very accomplished: The forward cast power stop can be done by what was described as "pushing the rod's power button." If you have a grip with your thumb on top of the grip, along the rod's axis, you simply push your thumb down. If you do that on a rod held in the hand, it'll snap the tip forward.

For the back cast, its another simple motion, you squeeze the grip. If you try that on a rod standing still, you'll see the tip snaps back.

I don't know if I always do this anymore, but I know when I start to lose sight of things and flail, I'll resort to the tap and squeeze.

Posted on: 2010/4/6 16:39

Re: Casting accuracy and distance - am I doing OK for a newbie?

From SW PA
I also don't believe in the 10 to 2 deal... Being a casting instructor for the past 6 years, one thing I know is that every one has their own style and casting stroke. It does sound like your casting isn't the problem. I feel that you just need to be confident in what your flies that you fish. Hockeyref, practice makes perfect and time on the water will produce fish. Ask people on the stream and be a sponge for information on the internet. It will work out. Be patient..

Posted on: 2010/4/6 17:39

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com