Anyone in the Allentown area willing to help a newbie???

F

Fish2live

I am brand new to fly fishing and have no one to help guide me on all the aspects of it. I have read a lot of information online but with out a little help and guidance I am not sure I understand it all between the flies the line the leaders the tippits and everything else anyone willing to help me out please

Hi Fish2live,

First, welcome to paflyfish.

You're in luck - we hold newbie instructional events in Allentown from time to time, and we're about due for one.

Our last event was pretty big, and was held at the Wildlands Conservancy (Emmaus). Future events this year won't be as big, and they're held in the area of the fly shop on the Little Lehigh down in the Allentown Parkway.

Keep your eyes peeled for the announcement of the next event in the Events forum and also here in the Beginner's forum.

Please understand that right now is the peak of the hatch season here, and the guys that run these newbie events have vacations and fishing trips planned, so our time is at a premium. We're scrambling to fit things in to our busy work schedules and come up with a Saturday to make this happen.

Personally, I'm currently stuck in third shift hell, so maybe the other guys that help run these events can pick up the slack.

Obviously, I'm sure you'd like some help ASAP, and if you're willing to meet up face to face, we can get you started on your journey.

One very important requirement - ya gotta be over 18 years of age, or you have to have a parent along for any meet ups.

I'll send you my contact info via PM - we should talk first.

H.A.

Id be willing to lend a hand. I havent been doing this for 78 years but i can do some damage. PM if interested. Heritage and his batch of guys are awesome guys and great flyfishers so sponge up everything you can.

fish2live, listen to H-A he speaks the truth. Also take Tyger up on his offer. I know Tyger well. He is becoming a very good FF.

GenCon

Thanks and Tyger I use to live in Coopersburg send me a message and we can meet up and do some fly fishing

Welcome to the Jungle!

You have discovered a little place on the inter-webs where a bunch of people who will be willing to share their knowledge and impart it freely.

I'm still new to the game but manage to make my way down to the Allentown area from Northeast PA occasionally. I'd be glad to get together and demonstrate what not to do! :)

If you are near an Orvis shop, I believe they are running their Fly-Fishing 101 classes, which are free.

Dave

Fish2live wrote:
I am brand new to fly fishing and have no one to help guide me on all the aspects of it. I have read a lot of information online but with out a little help and guidance I am not sure I understand it all between the flies the line the leaders the tippits and everything else anyone willing to help me out please

I teach FFing classes at the Orvis store in Plymouth Meeting, which is the closest Orvis store to the Lehigh Valley. We get a lot of people coming down from your area for these classes.

The classes are free, and run on Saturdays from 10am-12pm. They started on March 22nd and run until Saturday June 14th, so you still have time.

We do an hour of casting instruction as well as an hour of seminar to explain outfits, rigs, knots, flies and equipment.

Call the store to register at 610-825-1010. We would be glad to help you out and get you started. It's really a lot of fun.

Currenly working but the job is over on June 6 drop me a pm.

Back