Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Another Newbie Jam ? Please...

From Lancaster, Pa
Wondering if there is anything in the works for another newbie jam or the possibility of another?

Posted on: 2013/4/7 10:37

Re: Another Newbie Jam ? Please...
From Chester County
Here is link to the Annual Jam held May 17th - 19th. There should be close to 100 members attending and many experienced members willing to help out and teach. It's a great time for all!

Posted on: 2013/4/7 10:54

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

JVenezia wrote:
Wondering if there is anything in the works for another newbie jam or the possibility of another?

Why, yes there is!

Foxgap239 will be making the decision as to the date.

At this point, all I can say is it won't be the weekend of the Jam - 'cause we'll be there participating in the festivities. Like Afish said, there's lots of opportunities to fish with some experienced fishermen at the Jam. If there is just one event you plan on attending, this is "the one".

Any newbie "brush up days" will be announced in the Events forum and the Beginner's forum. Stay tuned...

Posted on: 2013/4/7 11:17

From Monessen, PA
Most fly anglers I know, with sufficient days on the water, would enjoy helping someone along on any of these outings as much as fishing unmolested. That said, the level of instruction will be much greater at an event designed for such a purpose and usually held at times where most people would be less distracted. The annual Jamboree has many newcomers, and unless they are too shy to ask, I have never witnesses a newcomer be shunned in the social interaction, nor when making plans for the following day.

Go to any of the Board "happenings" and listen and learn and try as may be the case with any gathering. 9 times out of ten, you will get some personal attention that will make it well worth attending and being outgoing.

About everyone I fly fish with have been met through these gatherings.

Posted on: 2013/4/7 13:22

From Lancaster, Pa
Looks like I have the go ahead for the annual jam. just need to reserve a tent spot and I will be set... Looking forward to it.

Posted on: 2013/4/7 14:41

From Ephrata, PA
In the meantime, just keep practicing and fishing!

Posted on: 2013/4/8 6:20

From Lancaster, Pa
I will and thank you again for letting me follow along on Saturday. It was a great time.

Posted on: 2013/4/8 19:16

From Ephrata, PA
Always worth it to see a PA fly fisherman catch his first native...on a dry fly even!

Posted on: 2013/4/8 19:45

From Couldn't Care Less
I'm in for a good newbie brush up jam if the date works. Love getting together with the entire group for fun, fishin, and instruction. Gonna make it to the big jam one day as I have never fished east on Mont or Berks County and it looks like good beer, food and yea .. fishing

Posted on: 2013/4/9 12:54

From Fountain Hill, Pa
I'd definitely be in for a newbie jam! I joined the forum a few days after the first one happened :( I 'm new to fly fishing and could use all the help I can get!

Posted on: 2013/4/11 9:33

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com