Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: A Womans point of view about fly fishing

From Clarion co.
It was a joke, meant to be taken lightly....... If i offended you wet net i apologize.

Posted on: 2012/3/3 0:05

From York, PA
Quote:

Does it always come down to how they look?

I would say yes!! And how much do they weigh, and how old!
And second would be how much money do they have?
Really, and let's be honest, it doesn't matter how good a girl can cast a fly rod!

Posted on: 2012/3/3 1:30

Well that's a real shame.

Someone once wiped your butt and you chose to qualify a woman in that way.

Next time you decide to be born, wipe your own butt.

I say this with the most respect to the other Mothers on this site and say that this is my opinion alone and isn't the opinion of any other Mothers on this site.

Posted on: 2012/3/6 22:30

From harlansburg
I agree with you wetnet.
this sport can be intimidating enough without women bashing idiots having diarrhea of the mouth.
personally, I'd love to see more women out fishing. I take my girlfriend on occasion, she enjoys it, and can cast on little brookie streams very well.
lets get this thread headed back to where it belongs.
I always though an event geared towards women would be nice, those of us with spouses/signif others could attend, as well as any women with an interest, experienced or not, and those of us with experience could provide instruction and help.

Posted on: 2012/3/8 7:17

There has been a small contingent of dedicated female fly anglers for a long time. My wife never had much interest in fishing herself, but she's hiked up small mountain streams while I fished and we occasionally float rivers in my canoe. As long as the scenery is pretty and the weather isn't bad she enjoys herself. She's been very accommodating of my interest in fly-fishing, she even booked me a day on the River Test as a wedding present.

I honestly think that there is a lot to be gained from an increased number of women in fly-fishing. Egotism is pretty pervasive in our sport, and the fact that fly-fishing is male-dominated amplifies this. Many fly-fishing organizations would especially benefit from having more women involved. I'd be glad to have them.

Posted on: 2012/3/8 11:42

I take myself and others too seriously. It's OK to offend me. I have 2 sons of my own so I really don't have really a right or true reason to scold anyone outside of them and they know me enough to weave and dip.

I guess since I'm getting older and while the Sass isn't gone it's hard to think my old Fat body has no value. LOL!

My Son benefited so much from an elderly Man and from a young guy at a fly shop and a Mom of a friend, I guess I just don't get it. You have to be a hot Babe for what reason? For who? If the elderly woman was "Joan Wolff" and you didn't know it you would have missed an opportunity of a life time. Heck anyone I talk to I listen to. Sometimes it just the seed of an idea that transplants itself and grows from there.

I spend 12 hours away from home each day, feed the dogs, get clothes out, make dinner and go to bed to do it all over again. Sometimes I come here for a weird destructive escape or an eye opening one.

When I see a Woman on the stream I ask "Where in the world does she find the time?

Might be time to find some women friends that fish and order take out.

1 wt, I was out of line. Opinions are free.

Posted on: 2012/3/8 22:03

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com