Laurel Highlands over the summer trips.

NathanLukez

NathanLukez

Since I've had my driver's license, I was privliged to have the opportunity to fish a myriad of streams in the Laurel Highlands for wild trout. The fishing was incredible and the solitude could not be beat. My best producers were stimulators, cdc beadhead pheasant tail variations, small golden stones, and green weenies.

Good report.

Nice to have a driver's license eh? :)

Since the Reports forum is for specific fishing reports from a specific place and date, this report will be moved to Locations forum shortly.
Thanks,
DW

Brings back memories for me— when I got my driver’s license many moons ago, my first solo forays were to Dunbar and Jones Mill Run. Great feeling of adventure and independence.

As soon as I had my licence at 16 , already had a car .( "64" Chevy Impala SS) . I first went close, to Slippery Rock ( where my dad would take me, prelicense ) and then Yellow Breeches, Falling Spring , Big Spring and Letort.. Learned a lot about repairing and maintaining a car and a lot about fly fishing.......Kept me out of a lot of trouble that my running buddies were getting into.... Also found a job at a Army/Navy store where I worked all week after school and every other Saturday.......Good Times back then for sure....

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee... I remember getting out of high school everyday and racing to Dunbar before it got to dark. I actually named that vehicle "Laurel" because I basically drove it all over the Laurel Highlands until it died. Good memories.

@Dub, I did the exact same thing in my '96 Grand Cherokee around Indian Creek, Laurel Hill and all of the smaller/brookie streams in-between. I never got around to Dunbar because it was just a little too far. Soon enough though, when my boys are older, I will acquaint all of us to Fayette-nam and all of the old stomping grounds.

Back