Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Risen Fly Grand Opening!

From Portage, PA
Ryan,

How long have you had your current Risen Reel? Just wondering what your experience is with Longevity. I am sure mine will be going through the gauntlet. My okuma broke and internal spring within the first month. They sent me a spring right away, but to their defense it was 1 degree out ;)

I must also add that I love the fact you added a set screw in the drag system. My Okuma can have the drag be totally removed without warning. I like to get every fish on the reel and fight it that way so you can see where the benifit to this is. Also by crimping the "nut" if you will on the spool, there is no wat to lose any other components.

GREAT FEATURES OF THE REEL!!

Posted on: 2013/2/5 15:23

Re: Risen Fly Grand Opening!

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
I've had them for a while, but with a 2.5 year old and a 10 month old I haven't gotten out much lately to use them. They do hold up to a beating.

The design is great for the lefties out there too. There's a threaded nut to take the spool off, and another to expose the hex bearing. Due to the 2nd nut, there is NO HEX CLIP, so no worries about it flying all over the place trying to flip the bearing.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 15:33

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com