Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Harman's Fly Fishing Competition May 2, 3, 4 looking for PAFLYFISH TEAM

From Cabins, West Virginia
Harman's 4th Annual fly fishing competition will be held May 2, 3,4. This is an invitation only competition that airs on Fly Rod Chronciles TV on the Outdoor Channel.

The 16 team field has consisted of professionals such as Kevin Howell, Walker, Mark Hanes, David Woody, Hunter Hoffler as well as multiple amatuer teams. Our invitations have been sent to the professional teams. We are looking for an PAFLYFISH amatuer team(2 person team).

There is an entrance fee of $750.00/team. The fee covers lodging and multiple meals during the event. The cash prize for winners is $2000.00 and many other prizes are given out.

If someone from the PAFLYFISH Forum is interested in fishing as an amatuer team, please contact me at info@wvlogcabins.com.

2012 Results Winners
www.wvlogcabins.com/frc

YouTube of 2010 Fly Rod Chronciles TV show Part 1 of 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id55D6njk4E

Thanks.. Harman's

Posted on: 2013/1/27 10:28

Re: Harman's Fly Fishing Competition May 2, 3, 4 looking for PAFLYFISH TEAM
From Monessen, PA
How many teams?

Posted on: 2013/1/27 11:11

Edited by dkile on 2013/1/27 12:47:02

16 teams. 10 of them are professionals (do this for a living or guide for a living). The experience is what most amatuer teams are really wanting. U get to fish private access water for multiple sessions, stay in a cabin for 3 nights, and we supply most meals.

Posted on: 2013/1/27 11:34

From lower burrell, pa
I'd be up for it if an experienced angler was willing to go with someone green. Might make for some good TV (closet producer talk)

Posted on: 2013/1/27 14:28

From Jersey Shore, PA
Well, so much for that. I'm and classified as a professional.

Dave R.

Posted on: 2013/1/27 21:57

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
I would give my third born to be on a team with OldLefty. Lol

Posted on: 2013/1/27 22:18

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From South Lebanon Township, PA
Very cool of Harman's to offer PAFF a spot in the field, and what an experience for a couple of our board members. I have a busy April/May already shaping up with long weekend trips planned, otherwise I'd definitely be up for it. Keep us updated on who the team ends up being!

Posted on: 2013/1/28 8:04

Sounds like Old Lefty and Becker could be a team. We really want a PAFlyFishing presence at the event.

Posted on: 2013/1/28 8:48

Mods - I know the last one of these deals (fundraising effort) didn't go quite as planned so if you're hesitant I understand, but assuming we get a couple volunteers to represent PAFF, what are your thoughts on a fundraiser to help offset the entry fee/travel expenses for the team?

I think this is really cool, and would love to watch a couple of PAFFers on TV fishing with the pro's. I'd be willing to put some $ to the cause.

Posted on: 2013/1/28 9:10

From Philadelphia
We are already scheduled to be there with some other PAFF guys starting May19th, so I'm out but leave some fish for us!

Posted on: 2013/1/28 9:27

Quote:

Swattie87 wrote:
Mods - I know the last one of these deals (fundraising effort) didn't go quite as planned so if you're hesitant I understand, but assuming we get a couple volunteers to represent PAFF, what are your thoughts on a fundraiser to help offset the entry fee/travel expenses for the team?

I think this is really cool, and would love to watch a couple of PAFFers on TV fishing with the pro's. I'd be willing to put some $ to the cause.

Nice thought Swattie and I appreciate it But I would not feel right taking money to have a good time and compete to win more money. I can either afford to go or can't. I know Ryfyguy and I have spoke before about a team. Now that he is a sponsor for Harman's I am not sure of his stance. Something to discuss. I am up for being part of the team with another experienced FF. No offense to maybe some of the new guys that are interested, but if I am going, I am going there to (Bleepin) win.

Posted on: 2013/1/28 9:58

No worries Beck. Can be up to the individual team obviously as to whether we do or it not, assuming the mods are cool with it. Although I didn't want cost to be the limiting factor for anyone who otherwise might help us have a strong showing, I was more coming at it from the angle of just a show of support from the forum regulars.

No offense to the rookies here, but I agree with Becker that while it would be nice for a rookie to tag along with a veteran, I'd like to see two more experienced guys/gals go here. Even if I had the availability to go, given my skill set I would probably defer to two of the bigger water/bigger fish regulars.

Posted on: 2013/1/28 10:26

From lower burrell, pa
no offense taken

Posted on: 2013/1/28 10:29

Would be nice to get the sites name out on Tv and possibly one of our site sponsors. This would be a way to get donations to a team. Something that will benefit everybody.

Posted on: 2013/1/28 10:41

Webmaster
I see this and thanks for the interest. Looking into some things on my side too.

Posted on: 2013/1/28 14:09

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com