Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Harman's 2 Night Giveaway May 6 to May 10 Sun-Thur

From North East PA
Becker's report makes me want to head down there with my wife, as much as I would enjoy the fishing, from what I saw, she we surely have a good time as well.

Posted on: 2012/5/4 19:04

From Cabins, West Virginia
Harman's has worked closely with WVU Agriculture. They have a project trying to produce a warm water tolerant rainbow trout that can handle temps into the upper 70's.

We put 25 trout with transponders into the stream in late may. Then track them thru the summer months. A few of the transponders ended up in a big tree along the steam (eagles). A few ended up at a local store where local fisherman fishing downstream of us caught them and returned the transponders before putting them on the grill.

The project was 2 or 3 years. Unsure if we will be able to keep it going the transponders were $250.00 each, and some cutbacks at WVU may impact the project.

I've heard PA has a supplier with a strand of warm water tolerant rainbow trout. I'm trying to get TU national behind the project, but have not been able to accomplish this objective.

GOAL: A trout that can survive 78 to 80 degree water with low water volume. Is it possible?

Posted on: 2012/5/4 20:27

From Hershey
I already posted a response to this but spent half the day yesterday looking at the Harman site and reading many of the reviews everywhere. This really looks like the perfect family and fishing location. Only 4 hours away!
My schedule is clear and I pack Fast. I asked my dad and he has no commitments next week either.

Posted on: 2012/5/5 7:01

Troutpoop is the winner. Please contact the office today at
800 4366254 or info@wvlogcabins.com

It looks like the same cabin is open the next few days. So my best guess is you will be in cabin #3, if your stay starts today.

We just stocked another 400lbs of trout since paflyfish's last trip.

www.wvlogcabins.com

Enjoy the Harman's

Posted on: 2012/5/6 6:56

From Leola, PA
Thanks again to Harman's for your generousity. TroutPoop, congratulations and enjoy the trip with your dad, I hope it is a special time.

Posted on: 2012/5/6 8:48

From Hershey
All packed and leaving in the early am. Will be stopping for food and breakfast etc. Trying to arrive at 1pm to get in a full day of fishing!

Posted on: 2012/5/6 16:39

From Spring Grove, Pa
Congratulations to Troutpoop. Hope you have agreat trip

Posted on: 2012/5/6 17:16

From Sinking Spring, PA
Thanks to Harman's and congratulations troutpoop! Let us know how you like it.

Posted on: 2012/5/6 19:33

Troutpoop you and your dad will be in cabin #13. U may be able to cast to the stream from the hot tub!! Enjoy.

Posted on: 2012/5/6 19:43

From Hershey
OK, so here is my review, less the pictures since I dunked my digital camera in the drink the last morning. My dad has pics and I will try to get some to post later.
Accomodations::, 10 out of 10
We had two bedrooms, 1 and 1 1/2 baths, A/C, fridge, Hot Tub, 2 TVs with lots of channels, a washer and dryer, microwave, grill and towels and linens provided. The cabin was very clean!! All the comforts of home and the use of the dryer was good since it was light rain off and on for the entire trip. Highest marks for the cabin!!
Location was 150ft from the river.
Staff was extra nice too.

Fishing: 11 out of 10!
Much like SBecker explained in his description. This isn't just a mowed yard and kid fishing. There are fish there and they have been put there BUT they do require an element of skill to catch. We asked for directions to the 3rd hole. The directions were vague but my father (72) and I managed to make it there in about 1 hr or so of bushwhacking. I was treated to 2 fish well in excess of 20 inches!
This place is as challenging as you make it. We caught every fish on the surface by head hunting.
This is the first time I've ever had to fight a trout on my drag and I needed to do it 5 or 6 times for 10+ minutes while trying to follow up and down the stream without falling. The current is very strong and the water is very difficult to wade. Staff and spikes recommended for sure.

I will be calling this week for time in the fall with my wife after we say goodbye to our daughter who is going to college in August.

Dad and I will be going next May. We hope to have two other close friends join us too. This is too good to not share.

Be patient please, I will try to get pics posted soon.

Thanks to Magi123 and all the staff of Harmons for a GREAT time! We WILL return!

Posted on: 2012/5/9 18:32

3rd big hole. it is an easy trip if you have a 4X4. Very vertical if you are walking the whole trip.

(1) Go to upper property across bridge
(2) Go left on road to cabin #18, follow the road to cabin #18
(3) Keep going on the road past #18 the road dead ends at our upstream stocking location
(4) From the upstream stocking area, u must walk. It is flat ground along a river, that you can fish the whole way. Follow stream upstream for about 1/2 to 3/4 mile.

Walking is flat and should be easy from stocking location up to 3rd big hole.

Road from #18 to stocking location.

This road is very vertical. We plan to put more cabins and a lodge on the upper ridge overlooking upstream property. U can use your 4X4 truck to get to upper stocking location. At your own risk, we stock this and many customer's use this access.

Glad U enjoyed the trip. Todd Harman

Posted on: 2012/5/10 10:05

Edited by magi123 on 2012/5/10 10:41:59

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
Thanks again for your generosity in giving the gift certificate to be raffled off at the JAM!

Posted on: 2012/5/14 11:42

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com