Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Harman's 2 Night Giveaway May 6 to May 10 Sun-Thur

From Cabins, West Virginia
We would like to offer 2 more nights next week Sun-Thu May 6, 2012. We have a few cabins open that will hold 4 people. This is based on availability when we make the selection. Availability next week is filling up.

To enter comment on Shop Talk Harman's 2 Night Giveaway May Sun-Thur May 6-May 10, 2012. Please only comment 1 time as a user.

You can review SBECKER PAFLYFISH trip report on the general forum.

I know this is short notice. We will randomly select someone that has commented. If you win, you can give it to someone else if you cannot make it next week.

Posted on: 2012/5/3 21:22

Re: Harman's 2 Night Giveaway May 6 to May 10 Sun-Thur

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
I would just like to say I am availible to "tag" along if one of you guys need an extra guy!

Posted on: 2012/5/3 21:28

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

I'm up for the free nights since I'm going to already be there from Sunday night through Tuesday night. My wife and I can't wait to get there.........Keith

Posted on: 2012/5/3 21:57

From Leola, PA
I am very impressed with the generousity and easy-going approach that Harman's has taken giving away these free stays. I definately think that there is a visit in my future with the wife and kids. I was very impressed with the scenery and quality of the water in the pictures of SBecker's report... the size of the fish weren't too shabby either!

Posted on: 2012/5/3 22:02

From Sinking Spring, PA
Awesome offer from a top notch outfit. The wife and I have reservations for October but would love to see the stream before then!

Posted on: 2012/5/3 22:21

From Pittsburgh
I was surprised by the fish, bugs, and scenery from the report. West Virginia is certainly wild and wonderful.

Posted on: 2012/5/3 23:45

From Hershey
I've been watching the shows at this place and it looks amazing. My dad is in his seventies and I've been trying to figure out how to get us to the place. This would be great!!

Posted on: 2012/5/4 6:28

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
I kind of figured Shane would have a few days like that after I checked out the site the other day. Looks like a nice weekend trip for me to make at some point. It'd be nice to win a "trial run" trip anyways though.

Thanks again for your generosity in providing this to boardmembers!

Posted on: 2012/5/4 7:41

From Reading
I think it should go to a veteran or troutpoop and his dad! I will be honest I have never been a fan of fishing over pellet fed hogs especially if you are stocking over wild trout populations. I can say however that your generosity is something I have not seen on this or any other fly fishing board. I will always give credit where credit is due. Kudos to Harmans.

Posted on: 2012/5/4 9:08

From Cabins, West Virginia
At Harman's
In general the north fork of the south branch is a cold water fishery from September 1 to July 1. Most years lower water volumes and warm summer weather will create problems for trout at our property. We have 1 spring on the property that year over year will keep a few hundred trout alive on any condition year. On low water very warm years, much of our stream becomes to hot for C&R. Even if the fish survive, a hookup will create alot of problems with survival. From July 1 to Aug 31, we are a family vacation and outdoor adventure spot (ziplines, ATV Wilderness Tours, Rock Climbing) and bass fishing on the south branch.

Trout at Harman's
We start stocking labor day weekend and continue into May. We must restock every year. We do have years that holdovers are numerous, but we must stock monthly or weekly. As an example, we do have a 4lb tiger trout on the property that was stocked at a 10" fish. So he must have survived multiple years.

Harman's is not stocking over native trout. Very few native trout are seen at our property. Our fish are "hatchery" raised, but we do not feed like many private access streams.

Native Fishing,Tailwater and Limestone. There are many opportunities around us. Some 10 miles away others 45 miles away. Harman's is a great base camp for trying other locations.

There is a lot of great native fish nearby that hold all year long. Seneca Creek is one of the TU's top 100 native trout streams for Rainbow. Gandy/Glady are great for brookies and browns. We do have a lot of small mountain streams with natives, but not so many spring creeks like PA. There are 2 lakes that hold trout. Spruce Knob lake is a great place for summer trout.

In general we are doing the best we can with the resources. Trout Unlimited was at the property a few weeks ago, working with Harman's, Fly Rod Chronicles TV, and Project Healing Waters. I believe they enjoyed their visit and the operations.

The Harman's

Posted on: 2012/5/4 11:57

From Schuylkill County
Wow, I didn;t even notice this until i read Becker's awesome review. Actually, i had no knowledge of Harman's. I'm glad to find out about it for future reference.
John

Posted on: 2012/5/4 12:37
if you look at it right...

From Spring Grove, Pa
Sounds like it would be a great trip and a great getaway

Posted on: 2012/5/4 15:16

From Bucks County or Bridgeville
After reading Shane's review I am slowly starting to convince the boss. The hot tub and the scenery could go along way with the discussion. How much is there to do for a non-fisher lady?

Posted on: 2012/5/4 17:12

Wow, I'm impressed with your generosity. I know this is a great group of guys and you are doing a great job getting the word out about your location. I'm sure that a few good reviews from our forum members will grow a good deal of interest. I'm excited to see who wins the trip.

Posted on: 2012/5/4 17:24

From York, PA
I went to college with a guy who is in some way involved in the operation of Harman's. Though I didn't know him well, he was quite respected and was always very friendly. Additionally, he has a wildlife and fisheries degree from WVU which I'm sure adds to the quality operation they are running. Id love to book a couple nights with the wife in early June in a hot tub cabin.

Throw my name in the hat for the giveaway.

Posted on: 2012/5/4 17:33

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com