Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Comprehensive US Stream Map

From Warrington
I've been working on this concept for two years now. Before I release information to the press, I'm hoping to get some feedback from my PaFlyFish friends. Please let me know how this product and announcement sound as well as asking any questions.

Pre-Release Announcement

OUR GOAL - To create the most comprehensive stream and lake map of the United States ever made. Embed that map in a GPS enabled iPhone and iPad app that includes topographic maps, road maps, and satellite imagery. Enable that app to provide both handheld and vehicle GPS mapping and navigation.

Gogal Publishing Company, a Warrington, Pennsylvania based iOS developer announces its planned release of The GPS Stream Guide USA app for iPhone and iPad in the Spring of 2014.

The GPS Stream Guide USA app will allow users to search for, and navigate to any named river, lake or stream in any county of any state and functions both with or without phone service.

This first release includes over 300,000 named rivers, named lakes and named streams and also maps all the unnamed streams and lakes making this the most complete guide to waters of the contiguous 48 US states ever made.

Each named water is labeled for quick identification and color coded to easily differentiate each stream from its tributaries allowing users to follow any stream's course from headwaters to mouth.

Also included are detailed watershed boundary maps for the various USGS Hydrologic Units that can be searched at HUC 2,4,6,8,10, or 12 digit levels. This is ideal for those who may work in watershed conservation and management.

Live water flow data is available within the app. USGS Stream Gages are mapped and a simple touch of any gage icon will display that gage's current water data.

For offline use, map data including waterway maps, road maps and topographic maps can be stored locally on the device to provide mapping even when there is no cellular service. All maps are GPS enabled to track the user's current location as they travel.

The GPS Stream Guide USA also includes the ability for users to defined and annotate their own custom waypoints. A "Go" button then passes any waypoint's GPS coordinates to the device's Maps app for vehicle navigation. Tapping a "Target" button enables the app's built-in GPS field compass to guide users directly to any waypoint in the wilderness pointing the way and counting down the distance.

Posted on: 1/29 11:19

Re: Comprehensive US Stream Map

From Harrisburg
It sounds like a very, very powerful tool; especially for those who take FFing trips!

I love your fishing PA app, so I am definitely intrigued by this larger, burlier tool!

Posted on: 1/30 23:12

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com