Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Android - GPS Fishing Guide

From Warrington
It has been some time since I posted and wanted to inform those who are awaiting the update to the GPS Fishing Guide for Android. On April 1, Google introduced new Android mapping sofware which is delaying the Android update.

Their latest software version seems to have some issues with how they support custom maps which are the cornerstone of my app. We are working through the issues but it is significantly delaying our efforts.

Please accept my apologies and be assured that the update will come. I just don't want to introduce an inferior product by rushing into this update.

Posted on: 2013/4/11 7:07

Re: Android - GPS Fishing Guide

From Warrington
I apologize for the delay in getting the GPS Fishing Guide for Android out but I should have the first prototype early next week. It appears I am breaking some new ground on the Android with the design and this is making the process somewhat more time consuming than first anticipated.

Posted on: 2013/4/23 9:42

From Warrington
I now have a prototype of the Android Version but it still needs some work. Because of the late date, I will most likely release the Android app once I've debugged it without putting it out for large scale testing and do fixes as necessary. While this is risky, I'm pretty confident that any errors that show up will be minor or related to specific phone models. I'd rather get this in your hands ASAP.

For those who volunteered as App testers on Android, I apologize.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 17:04

From Couldn't Care Less
Bump .. and will this app work on my nexus tablet to go along with my phone?

Posted on: 2013/5/8 22:44

From Warrington
The app is designed to work on both Android tablets and phones but I haven't installed it on a Nexus myself so I'll tentatively say yes!

You should be able to install and use it on both devices simultaneously as a matter of fact. You can do that now with the existing app.

Unfortunately, there are so many manufacturers of Android out there, each with their own little customizations that I can't possibley test every device so I don't make promises.

One phone version from HTC for instance had a cutom app built into the phone by the manufacturer called Footprints that userped the navigation function of other apps. You had to uninstall Footprints which is a PIA with built in apps to make the navigation work. That is the challenge in Android development. Manufacturers are free to tweak the Android to their preference whereas Apple is all about consistency.

Posted on: 2013/5/9 9:22

From Couldn't Care Less
Post and/or PM when it is ready to roll. I'm not to techie so when all the bugs are out I'm in.

Nexus7 tablet and Galaxy3 phone...

Thanks
Stagger

Posted on: 2013/5/9 10:42

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com