Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

2013 GPS Updates

From Warrington
I just uploaded the 2013 Season Size and Creel Limits to the iPhone and Android versions of the GPS Fishing Guide to PA and NJ. Early next week, I will be uploading the revised fishing destinations that will bring the data completely up-to-date for 2013. Please note that the current data update is only partially complete.

Once all the data is up-to-date in the phones for 2013, I'll be making the Garmin updates available on my website for free download to all existing customers.

After that, I'll be working to complete a major update to the Phone Apps that will add signigicant features. That update is alreay in progress and should be available by mid-February if not sooner.

I'll try to keep you all informed of the progress.

Posted on: 2013/1/4 7:19

Re: 2013 GPS Updates

From Southeastern Pa
Love it! Keep it coming. I love this app. For a guy who finds himself all over the place and needs to be able to locate all the locals secret spots this is the tool! Seriously, this is the spot burning App! if there was a pile of spots that NOOO-ONE knew about this would be the flamethrower to burn them with! Straight up, spot burning bonfire! EWWW-WEEEE!!!

in all seriousness. good work on the app UFMguy. you took a lot of publicly available shiz and made it easy for lazy people like me to have on their mobile device. I am impressed and it is well worth the price....wish I would have bought it sooner when you were running the PAFlyFish deal but, ce la vie!

good work, looking forward to the update.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 1:55

From Warrington
Thanks Tim!

Wait till you see what's coming in the spring update.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 11:07

From Warrington
I just loaded a new data update that should bring your phone apps fully up-to-date for 2013. You'll notice that all stream names now have a number at the beginning of the name followed by a dash.

"2-Penns Creek" for instance indicates that this navigation point is on section 2 of Penns Creek. You can now search for specific stream sections referenced in the PFBC's stocking list.

For now, if you choose "Early Season Trout Stocked Waters" from the Special Regulations listings, you will get an error message. That is because the PFBC has eliminated this program so there are no longer any destinations under that regulation.

As mentioned in previous postings, I will be releasing a major app update well before opening day. This update will resolve the "Early Season..." issue and add many new features but I wanted to make the current data available to you as soon as possible.

For those with the GPS Fishing Guide for Garmin, I should have the 2013 FREE UPDATE available by the end of this coming week if not sooner.

I will post the link on this thread for you to update your Garmin units as soon as the update is available.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 17:24

From Warrington

Posted on: 2013/1/17 7:26

From North East PA
Just got the time to download and install the update. Took all of 5 minutes.

I did add an extra two steps to the process, which is why it took so long:

1. I renamed the original file to save it (just in case)

2. Saved the update file to the laptop and then copied it over to the chip.

Fast and easy process.

Thanks for a great product.

Dave

Posted on: 2013/1/21 17:07

From waynesburg pa
Will we ever see this for a handheld gps unit. I tried the one you have out but didn't work on my Oregon 450.

Posted on: 2013/1/26 22:20

From Philadelphia
I'm about to give my son my current Tom-Tom and I'm then in the market for a new GPS. I'm leaning towards a Nuvi simply because I want to buy this software. Is it easy to use and have most people found it accurate? I see quite a bit of improvements discussed for the Apps versions but nothing recently about the GPS versions. What do my fellow PAFF users feel are the pros and cons of this software for the car GPS?

Posted on: 2013/8/29 13:25

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com