Time needed to see Edison Fly Fishing Show

L

LongLineRelease

I’m not sure if this is the right place to put this question but here it goes. This is a question for anyone who is at or has been to the International show in Edison.

I’m in Jersey this week for work and have a chance to hit the Edison show. But I might only have two hours, three tops. I only have a few select things I want to see. My question is can I even get in and out of the show and see a Handful of things in two hours?

Yo Lo

Yes. But I think typically folks spend a good part of the day if they want to at least walk by all the booths. But if you are looking at only a few select things, two hours would get it done. Not enough time for seminars, etc. though.

Yes, I have been to the Edison Fly fishing show and breezed thru in two hours. Was it worth the price of entrance - Maybe.

Most of my flies I get from Half Buck Fly shop. And I am pretty well set up with Flyrods and reels. If I need anything else, I will go to the local fly shops in around Phila.

LongLine:

If you want to save a little time, IF you have the time, you might want to do a little due diligence and peruse the list of exhibitors and the map. Then contact specific exhibitors to see IF they will have what, if any specific items you may be looking for, AT the price you are hoping for, (remembering you paid an admission fee).

I hate to pi$$ on anyone's parade but shows are no different than shopping anywhere. Expect to be disappointed if you are looking for something specific and you didn't call ahead to make sure they had it before you drive out.

I remember a few years back when I was looking for a particular pair of stocking foot hippers. I called one of the exhibitors and asked them to bring out two different pair in my size to the show. They were happy to oblige which was great because NOBODY else at the show had them...

Have fun if you go!!

I have gone in the past and will be there starting Friday morning through Saturday at about noon. You can walk the exhibit floor, check out some of the outstanding tiers and watch a seminar. So I would say several hours at least.

It's a very good show if you have never gone before.

About the 3rd time I was not impressed at all with the Edison show. The Lancaster one is much smaller and I went twice. I also went to this other one that was locally at a fishing club. None of them are my cup of tea anymore.

Back