Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27)

Re: The Official Spring Jamboree May 16-18, 2014 Announcement

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Quote:
In terms of "unfishability", how did this Jam rate?

Friday and Saturday? Awfully high, if not #1.

But, there were many saving graces.

1. Fishing was great right through the spinner fall on Thursday evening. We had a lot of jammers out on Wednesday and especially Thursday. Some got scared off by a pass-over type storm prior to the spinner fall, but those who stuck it out found excellent conditions. Conditions didn't turn bad until Friday.

2. Really, the worst of the weather was confined to the overnight hours Thursday night. Friday and Saturday were fine weather. So while it brought the streams up, it did not really hamper the social scene, nor the enjoyability of spending a day outdoors.

3. As usually happens, somewhere within reach of the jam got hit to a lesser extent. Those willing to adjust plans based on conditions still found fishable water and caught fish.

Posted on: 5/20 8:19

From philadelphia
It has been beautiful for the last two days.even though no rain,penn's and elk still blown out.lots of sulfurs at spring

Posted on: 5/20 12:04

From philadelphia
today was great too! lots of guys from classic fly rod forum.steady sulfurs,plenty of brownies!

Posted on: 5/20 20:57

From SW PA (Pittsburgh Area)
Hi all, it was great meeting a number of you on Friday night. I've been battling a pinched-nerve/herniated disc and it flared up pretty bad Saturday, so I didn't make the big party on Saturday, but Friday was proof enough of what a great (and entertaining) community you all have here on PAFF.

Good luck the rest of hatch season I'm sure I'll see some of you around on PA streams and now be able to put a face to some names!

Posted on: 5/21 16:16

From Secane
Despite the monsoon season that set in on Thursday night, it was still a great weekend. Making new friends in those conditions is memorable. Great to meet Ducker and Murph!! Glad you had a good time Murph and Congratulations on those firsts!!! I'd like to thank Dan "Delta Dog" for his accommodations and for those damn steaks!!!! FANTASTIC!!!! Also thanks to Dave Kile for the website and to all the moderators for their dedication.

Posted on: 5/24 14:35

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com