Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Team USA Northeast Qualifier-Controllers Needed

From Chalfont PA
Thanks for those volunteering to control. I am one of the competitors involved and appreciate the time and effort of those volunteering. I know comp. fishing is not everyones cup of tea; however I can tell you first hand there is a lot of great guys fishing and a lot of outstanding anglers. There are several guys coming from out West to fish as well as several from NC. Lance Eagan form Salt Lake City and also Pat Weis a local are both amazing fisherman.

I also know that if controllers are looking for a place to stay they can use the same hotel as the competitors and get the same discount. Im pretty sure it is the Ramada Inn. State College.

If anyone is interested, I'm on Team Freestone and have a cabin on Penn's if you have any questions or are interested in finding out more just send me a PM. You can also check out the trout legend web site or look at Team Freestone on face book.

And S.Becker I live just outside of Doylestown and fish the Lehigh Valley on a regular basis if you have any question on your new found nymphing technique let me know.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 14:26

From Cato, NY
Quote:

MHanes wrote:
Sorry to hear about your experience. I must be honest with you on this the extra pressure from these events is really minimal and located to roughly a mile of stream. Now if you look at the amount of fishable water that open to the public really many people don't even realize the competition is in the area.

Thanks for the reply and please don't take my response the wrong way. I am not against comp fishing at all. It just isn't my cup of tea and I do realize most are probably respectful of other anglers while fishing. I think you are probably right about the fisihing pressure being spread out as well.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 14:42

From Portage, PA
You Team Freestone guys tear it up. Glad to know your on the site.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 14:57

From wellsboro
MC, I had similar experience on the Davidson River in North Carolina a few weeks ago. In actuality the pressure is greater than it would normally be. Also due to competitors being assigned a beat they rarely show the same consideration a normal fisherman would to others because they cannot hop in the car and go downstream a mile. Add to that most trout waters are shut down which concentrates pressure on these four streams anyhow and it will be a crappy weekend for normal fisherman to be in central Pa that weekend.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 15:25

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Quote:

smgfish wrote:
Thanks for those volunteering to control. I am one of the competitors involved and appreciate the time and effort of those volunteering. I know comp. fishing is not everyones cup of tea; however I can tell you first hand there is a lot of great guys fishing and a lot of outstanding anglers. There are several guys coming from out West to fish as well as several from NC. Lance Eagan form Salt Lake City and also Pat Weis a local are both amazing fisherman.

I also know that if controllers are looking for a place to stay they can use the same hotel as the competitors and get the same discount. Im pretty sure it is the Ramada Inn. State College.

If anyone is interested, I'm on Team Freestone and have a cabin on Penn's if you have any questions or are interested in finding out more just send me a PM. You can also check out the trout legend web site or look at Team Freestone on face book.

And S.Becker I live just outside of Doylestown and fish the Lehigh Valley on a regular basis if you have any question on your new found nymphing technique let me know.

Yea I am going to stay at the Ramada. I am not looking to be a competitor, more so refine the style to be a better fishermen. This is the perfect time to watch and learn and pick some brains. Was talking to SeanC and he said you were putting some guys up at your cabin. By any chance do you have a place over by Po Paddy?

Posted on: 2013/2/27 16:28

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Delaware Co.
Quote:

SBecker wrote:
Fred you working next weekend?

Unfortunately I am working . If I was able to go I definitely would be participating in the comp. I couldn't let a opportunity like this pass me by.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 16:35

From Chalfont PA
SBecker; My Cabin is in Coburn at the end of Tunel Rd, through the little parking lot. I do have several guys at my place that weekend.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 21:15

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
I only ask because another forum member and I ran into you guys during the Deep freeze. They warned us not to try Po Paddy because one of the competitors had a cabin over there and almost did not make it with chains on his truck. Was just wondering if it was you. No biggie and good luck next weekend.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 21:46

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Chalfont PA
Poe Paddy is tough in the winter, the road in doesnt get plowed and then the guys on snowmobiles have a blast and it turns to ice. They also don't plow the top of the mountain only about 3/4 of the way up on the Coburn side, not sure about the other side.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 8:57

Shane thatr was actually another team mate Dave Bond.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 12:15

From chester ct
I'll be tied up in NJ that weekend, otherwise I would pitch in. My only exposure to comps was as a player at the 2nd America Cup in Colorado, and I really appreciated the effort the volunteers and controllers expended to run the event. These events need more helpers than the number of competitors to run smoothly, and most of them are outdoorsmen (and women), so it's a real sacrifice and commitment on their part to help.

I only participated in the tournament to help out a friend whose team suffered the loss of a regular member through illness, and the team had already paid the fees, made all the arrangements, and assembled from several corners of the world. I found the experience great, mainly because of the people and also having to learn discipline in an activity I'm pretty low key and sloppy about. I did learn a lot - there are some unbelievably skilled anglers out there, not just from the powerhouses from Europe but also the home grown folks.

It's like comparing a running a marathon to a nice leisurely walk in the woods. I'm glad I did it just the once - kind of like having been a teenager: Glad I done it, and gladder it's done. But I definitely would help out controllers are needed.

hp
les

Posted on: 2013/3/1 18:28

From Sweet Valley
I am curious if they have a schedule, so I know what times to avoid spring and fishing creek. The last thing I want to do is bungle somebodies chance at doing great at this event by fishing through their beat an hour before they are supposed to fish it... I will be working most of that weekend, so I can't commit to helping or I would. I figure the next best thing is making sure I am not ruining somebodies day. I know I wouldn't want to fish a beat that somebody just fished...

Thank you!

Posted on: 2013/3/1 20:04

From Chalfont PA
The schedule is posted on trout legend.

However here you go.

Sessions are Sat and Sunday starting at 8:30- 11:30- then 2:00-5:00

The venues are : Spring Up from the bridge at Benner, BFC the Bridge up stream from the Fed Hatchery, Penns, Coburn down to tressel bridge, Little J Spruce creek up stream.

There will only be 8 guys per stream at each venue all day. Not a lot of water being taken up by this. I have had 8 guys fish near me on Penn's in less then a hundred yards durring a hatch and Spring at times have seen 20 guys from the bridge at benner to the lot.

Posted on: 2013/3/4 9:06

From Sweet Valley
Thanks and Good Luck! That section on Spring has been my best producer so far this year.

Posted on: 2013/3/4 18:11

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com