Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Steelhead Jamboree Date Poll
From Monessen, PA
*******PLEASE READ BEFORE VOTING*******

Please answer honestly regarding your level of commitment. It would be fairest to those who will commit to attend for them to have a greater voice.

If you can commit to at least one of the days, then you are absolutely committed to the weekend specified.

"Absolutely committed" should be an indication that only an emergency or disasterous weather will keep you away.

You can select more than one choice. If you can commit to one or more choice answer as many of the top three that work for you. If you can't commit, select as many of the bottom three that work for you or select only the one or ones that make it likely that you will attend.

David requested I add the last three choices to help the decision-making process. Unfortunately, it can only help with future voters as I cannot reset the poll unless I start a whole new one.

Posted on: 2009/8/26 19:18

Edited by JackM on 2009/8/27 17:51:23

Re: Steelhead Jamboree Date Poll

From Harrisburg
Those are about the busiest times of the year up there. Hoping Halloween will keep atleast a couple extra folks at home that weekend.

Posted on: 2009/8/27 11:18

From Bozeman
I am fine with all three.

I will not be coming if conditions are too far from "good". I did that drive once to fish tough conditions. Lesson learned.

I chose "interested, but not certain" for all three. I don't think it's possible for me to commit to such a trip, given the 7 hour drive and variability of the conditions.

Posted on: 2009/8/27 12:58

From Monessen, PA
The points raised are valid and I agree with them. Perhaps the thing to do is find out which of the weekends are prefered and then set a drop-dead date of Wednesday just before, for instance, to examine the available data and declare it a "go" or not. There are East Side streams that can be hit if the western streams are a bit high and also the lake itself which can be entertaining in its own right. The only way to be certain of ideal conditions is to make the decision hours before hitting the road.

Posted on: 2009/8/27 13:06

From Bozeman
I would think that if it's possible, we should remove the last weekend from the list. Either that, or set aside a potential make up weekend after the above three.

That way, we could confidently veto a trip on the wednesday before.

The earlier the plans, the easier setting a timely makeup outing will be.

Posted on: 2009/8/27 13:13

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
Since I'm sort of heading this up, I hope it's assumed I'm coming. I understand the issues with people driving far, or staying overnight for crappy weather, but it is what it is. I wouldn't mind setting a date and having a backup, but as long as it's not a monsoon and blown out, I'll probably be up there. Those from out of town can decide last minute to come, but there'll always be a place to fish around that time of year. Might not be ideal, but we'll get into some fish.

I have 2 trips I'm helping to organize through my church, so if we decide on this one I can make sure they don't overlap. (anyone can come with me on those when we get some dates too).

I hope as many people as possible can come up for some chrome, it's a blast!

Ryan

Posted on: 2009/8/27 16:40

From Butler
Depending on the weekend - I may be only up there for one day - I have a bunch of friends that live in Edinboro - so lodging wont be a problem for me

Posted on: 2009/8/27 16:48

I picked the date that currently works best for me. If we plan this far ahead, I can put on the calendar and keep the date open. Its roughly a seven or so hour drive to Erie, so I will definitely be relying on locals to report in and make a decision. I like the idea of having a drop dead date of like Wednesday or so, once we get a fishing report/weather report. Perhaps also an alternative to western NY?

Posted on: 2009/8/27 20:41

From Hatfield, Pa.
I am really anxious to make a couple trips this year and would love to watch some of you and learn.
Think the Wednesday drop dead date is a good idea.
Do we need to make hotel reservations?
Buffalo

Posted on: 2009/8/28 9:11

From Monessen, PA
Quote:

buffalo wrote:

Do we need to make hotel reservations?
Buffalo

Not if you don't mind sleeping in your car. Seriously, if you want a room on a Friday or Saturday night, I recommend reserving it. Ask about the cancellation policy and then watch your credit card carefully. I cancelled a room in accordance with the policy of a motel and they charged my card on the day I was supposed to stay. I called and got it straightened out, but not without some trouble.

Posted on: 2009/8/28 9:59

From Butler, PA
I voted for all the days. I will be there when ever it is for at least a minimum of one of the days.

Posted on: 2009/8/28 16:21

From Erie Co.
count me in the November 6, 7, 8th I would like to meet some of you on this board. Being that I live up here that sounds the best as most of the leaves will be down and out to the lake then.
I can give some up dates too.
CRB

Posted on: 2009/9/1 12:43

From Other side of the tracks
Since I can be in Erie in about an hour, I checked that I am intereste for all three, but not prepared to commit.

As a suggestion, Foley's used to have a rather nice "cottage" that they used to rent out. It is really more of an apartment. I don't know if they still do. I checked their website, and there was no mention of it, but it might be worth a phone call.

www.follysend.com

Posted on: 2009/9/2 12:56

From Pittsburgh
It's booked solid through December...

Posted on: 2009/9/2 15:35

From Monessen, PA
The way I interpret the poll results, I would suggest we set the date for the middle weekend and use the november weekend as the backup. Any one read them differently?

Posted on: 2009/9/2 16:10

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com