Steelhead Jam

gulfgreyhound

gulfgreyhound

To early to start a discussion on Steelhead?
GG :-?

Never too early

Heck no!!! I have been dreaming about catching them for months now

Art, I was thinking a week later than last year which would be Nov. 8 - 11

pro4mance wrote:

Pick a date, time, and place. Just do it...

Sounds Good. GG

pro4mance wrote:

Works for me.

Pick a date, and I will likely show up.

Drive time for me to the CG is about the same as going to work. Maybe even less. So I can be flexible for this.

Where do you folks usually stay for this? A campground?

Attendees are spread out somewhat, based upon their preferred accommodations and locations. But Follie's CG has been the rendezvous point for morning coffee and Avonia Tavern for evening gathering. The Steelhead Jam seems to be more fragmented for late night activities, depending on where you decided to spend the night.

Wife and I took the dog for a long ride on Saturday, and coincidentally we found ourselves near Erie.

We stopped at the mouth of trout run to see if any had come in yet. I saw one trout that was probably less than 12 inches in length, and absolutely no one fishing from shore.

We also drove over Elk Creek in several places and it was very low.

We are having a late start this year. The good news is we are currently getting some cold rain, and it is safe to assume that Erie tribs are also getting it based on the direction it is traveling.

This is probably the wrong place for this, but technically it isn't a fishing report, since I wasn't fishing.

I figured I'd use it to bump the thread.

Norm where are you?! Pull the trigger!!GG.

Back