Steelhead Jam Nov. 9 - 11

pro4mance

pro4mance

Official Thread

Friday November 9 thru Sunday November 11

Some guys will start trickling in on Wednesday afternoon.
There are hotels all over Erie, there is a group of guys that stay at the Quality Inn on Sterrettania Road close to the meetup spot. free breakfast has been included with your stay in the past.

Any questions post here. Mods feel free to delete the other thread.

Sounds good to me.GG

Monday the 12th is Veteran's Day Observed. For many, this will allow a long weekend. Good choice. I am going to try to attend.

I'm definitely planning on going, but not sure which day(s).

In other words, same as usual.

F.Y.I. I spoke to the manager at the Quality Inn Serritania and was given a "Fishermans Rate"' of $ 54 / NITE plus tax total $61.02 . for 2 people. Includes breakfast. There are smokin/or nonsmoking rooms. GG

I am trying to make it back this year. I hope to meet a few more people. Sounds like a good time. Quality Inn works or me.

Cheers,

Not sure yet, but it's possible. I may be heading to Cedar Key to chase some redfish, but plans aren't confirmed yet. if not, then Erie it is.

I may be in attendance. We will see. That is still the time of the year when my job may require some quick and unexpected deliveries and if that is the case I will have to be here to receive them. But it is a possibility and then I'll book the Quality Inn if all is well.

Bad news for me,I'm not making this years Jam. Moose also will be a no show. Both of us have family's, wives, that need us now. May,come H or High H2o. GG

gulfgreyhound wrote:
Bad news for me,I'm not making this years Jam. Moose also will be a no show. Both of us have family's, wives, that need us now. May,come H or High H2o. GG

We can probably count on the high H2O part.

Sorry you and Moose can't make it, but we understand. I'll just have to find some other old farts to hang around with.

Make a sign"free beer if you fish with me". GG :roll: ;-)

Art-

Hope things will find you well.

Paul

free beer??? I will find you!!

Nine days out.
Unfortunately I've had some personal stuff come up and I won't make it this year, dammit. In the past we got in touch with Folly's End Campground and told them we're from PAFF and ask them if we could use the pavilion as a meetup point, someone would have to do that if still going.

So while I won't be able to make the JAM and join other PAFF'ers I will be in Erie from the 11-13 of November. If you guys don't mind someone PM some tips for this time of year. Which stream you found a bunch of fish in and what patterns nailed them would be great. I've never been there this time of the year.

Just a FYI/PSA..

NWS Cleveland (responsible for the NW Pa. forecasts) is speculating that this weekend may bring the first "significant" snowfall of the season to inland Erie County. It's always tricky/iffy guesstimating lake snow, especially the first one of the season. It could end up being anywhere between 3 flakes and 8 inches. Point is, keep an eye peeled on the weather. There's almost 0% chance whatever happens will cause driving problems, but 3 or 4 inches of snow can make felts problematic and you might want to bring cleated/studded shoes if you have them as well as an extra layer of clothes..

Have Fun!

Things have gotten very busy around the farm. I likely won't be able to make it.

I'm out. This is becoming a trend. I am down to the Annual Spring Jam as the only event I feel motivated to attend. My weekends have become sacred. I am holy about wasting time thinking about all the chores needing done.

I hope everyone has a great time. Elk Creek has been holding water for about a week or so. Good luck!

FYI

First Snow of the season..

Friday Night
Rain showers before 2am, then snow showers. Low around 30. Breezy, with a west wind 14 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday
Snow showers. High near 36. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Anyone meeting up on Saturday? I am coming up early in the morning. I will be staying at the Quality Inn. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up to fish or get a bite to eat. I will be bringing my son. I am looking forward to a weekend in Erie.

Cheers,

Todd

Back