Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Spring volunteer work for youth

From SE PA - Montgomery County
My son is required to do some volunteer work through his school this year.

Does anyone know of any TU projects coming up this spring that would involve a 12 year old volunteering to help out with stream cleanup or tree planting or something similar?

I am looking for something in Montgomery, Bucks or Lehigh county area of SEPA.

Thanks, Rob

Posted on: 2013/1/22 16:25

Re: Spring volunteer work for youth
From Gettysburg
Moved and bumped.

Posted on: 2013/1/26 8:20

From New to Berks
Is there a requisite number of hours?

For the past couple of years, as a member of Delco Manning TU, we have been participating in the Chester-Ridley-Crum Watershed association spring cleanup. 1- 2 hours on a Saturday Morning.

They get volunteers all over Delaware County to go out and pick up trash both in and outside of streams. I would say most locations are roughly 30 minutes from KoP/Valley Forge. I am sure that someone would be willing to sign a form to acknowledge his participation.

GreenPA and iConserve PA are a couple of other organizations to google for possible clean up and volunteer opportunities. You may also want to check with local historical sites - pretty much everywhere looks for volunteers to help with spring cleanups, and even my youngest helped pick up cigarette butts in a plastic pail (with gloves on , of course) since he was 3. I am sure that a 12 year old can be even more helpful.

Good Luck.

Posted on: 2013/1/30 12:44

From Philadelphia
Bob,
Peace Valley Lake in Bucks County sponsors volunteer projects.
Tony

Posted on: 2013/2/23 8:38

From Secane
Hi Hack!!! funny you mention that. We were just asked about helping out with a upcoming project for the CRC. You know the usual stuff. Planting trees stream side. Dont forget CL, you could maybe make a project out of helping out a local State stocking. The state is always looking for help stocking the streams. I know the guy thats in charge of the stockings for the SE Delco area. I could get the name of the person in your area if you need.

Posted on: 2013/2/24 10:50

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com