Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Spring time Big D/NEPA trip

From Pittsburgh
Jack - Hancock is a great central location to fish the Big D IMO It has quite a few motels to choose from. There also used to be a bed and breakfast there. And Al Caucci's place is just outside of town on the PA side of the west branch

Posted on: 2010/1/17 23:17

From Hagerstown, MD
I remember the Capra Hotel rates from last year were only around $55.00 a night for double occupancy. The Hotel is right in Hancock and there is a nice lighted table to tie flies at every night after you get off the water. I was there during the peak of the Sulpher/Green Drake hatch and there was plenty of room a the Capra, to the point that I did not have to book in advance. There is also a nice bar run by a couple ladies right up the road. A lot of guides go there every night and it is a great fly fishing atmosphere.

Posted on: 2010/1/17 23:41

From Chester County
Jask,

When I lived in the NE, I would make a trip nearly every weekend in the spring and early summer. If the D wasn't in good shape we would hit the other Catskill streams, the Beaverkill, Willow, etc.

You are right, Hancock is a great home base for the WB, EB, & MS of the D as well as the other Catskill streams. Something to ponder.

Posted on: 2010/1/18 6:54

I am interested but I can not make make any firm commitment at this time. When I stayed the "whitehouse" at West Branch Angler- the room rate was $59. They have 5-6 different rooms with some guests having to share a bathroom. On the plus side there was a full size kitchen with all amenities if you did'nt want to eat out.

Jack- it's a haul. 7-8 hour ride.

Posted on: 2010/1/18 9:10

From Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Area
I always wanted to go too the D with people that new what they where doing. Last year i went on a special ops mission to scope the area and was still befudelled on the regulation. Could i go on that side or stay on this side. where can i go and so on. I wouldn't mind spending my 30th on the shores of the Delaware. Keep me informed. When it comes to fishing or hunting i will sleep anywhere ground, car, tent, cabin, its all good.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 19:50

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com