STLHD JAM 2015 Oct 30 - Nov 2

TimRobinsin

TimRobinsin

it's that time of year again. suffering chrome deficiency.

any thoughts on the dates? my vote is for Oct 30 - Nov 2

WHO'S READY FOR STEEL!?

I'm open to most any dates. I kinda like the ones proposed as later means? colder and my bones don't react well to the weather like we had last year.
I can add a New York brown and salmon on to those dates if anyone is interested. GG

I want to make it this year. Last year I scheduled the days off from work and broke my arm 3 days before.

This heat sucks. Looking forward to snow, ice, and crazy wind chills!! Well......at least cooler temps and steelhead haha

Erie's Project Healing Waters' annual event is Saturday November 7th, and I'm not sure if any PAFF'ers were planning on volunteering with that.....I know it's been talked about on here in the past. I'm certainly considering it if help is needed.

I'm there almost every week during the season so I don't pay attention to the dates

Attachments

• Steelhead_Jamming.jpg
    Steelhead_Jamming.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 4
I should be good with those dates

sounds good, let's do it!! and hey, it's Halloween, we can fish in costumes!

I think I have a posse coming up from Lancaster with me on those dates. we usually do a Halloween Weekend trip every year. RickinPA, TimB and WGMiller should all be coming along.

Those dates are good we me as well. Agreed a little warmer might be better. GG gets moody when he can't feel his....uh...er...feet!

I'm in. With any luck I'll get a room and stay a couple days instead of bailing in the afternoon saturday.

sounds good guys. lets go with those dates

Wanted to get into the steelhead scene this year, then I bought a new 5wt helios.. maybe next year lol

njk3395 wrote:
Wanted to get into the steelhead scene this year, then I bought a new 5wt helios.. maybe next year lol

Spoil yourself and get the 10ft 7wt H2 to teach those chromers a lesson they soon won't forget.

Great soft tip for handling them on light (4lb) tippet.

You only live once...

The only thing I will say is that it doesn't have the guts to go long distance like other high end rods but close to mid range, its hard to beat.

Also, you got yourself a great streamer rod and a one that punish even the most aggressive bucket mouths.

Anyway, I will probably be there mid November for a few days this year. Halloween is the time to be chasing deer!

edit: here is to hoping for some rain this fall!

Believe me man, I want another one already.. the 9' 5wt mid flex is like casting an extension of my arm

Thank you Fishwagen,LOL
Gave "Moose " the dates. He's added them to his calendar. Like a 78 year old needs a calendar, he can't remember stuff so he makes a list and loses that.
Any one interested in chasing big browns and salmon in New York? We are looking a a cabin after the Jam so let me know if you'd like to check out a shot at a 30 inch brown. GG

Might follow you up to NY. We will see how it goes. Too Eriely to tell.

I am going to try and get up there for the jam this year. Don't think I am going to hit NY this year. It's still up in the air.

I will have to see about going to NY, hockey/figure skating/ school schedules. Hope I can work it out.

I apologize for my ignorance, I'm a total newb (to steelheading, paflyfish, and the northeast in general). Will you be posting the dates/location on the thread once you guys settle on one or should I dm for details?

JW, the dates are Oct. 30 - Nov, 2. If you are interested I can send you details. New guys are always welcome.

Back