Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 10 »

Re: Quill Gordon Summit Roll Call and Food Prep!

From Ephrata, PA
I'm getting excited!

Last year everything was very low.

Posted on: 2013/4/12 16:18

From Ephrata, PA
So let's get this thing straight!!!! Everyone who is planning attending, what's your plan?

Sal, Csoult and I will be up on Thursday AM.

Posted on: 2013/4/12 21:32

I'm going to leave work at some time on Friday and hope to be there between 2-5PM on Friday. I'm going to try to meet up with everyone and fish Friday evening.

Posted on: 2013/4/12 21:37

From Ephrata, PA
Csoult, Sal and I are meeting at 9am next Thursday at Wolfe's General Store. We will be fishing Slate Run if anyone can meet us that early.

Thursday evening we will be heading back to camp and meeting up w/ wsender around 5pm-ish. We'll then be heading out to whatever stream we can get to relatively quickly from our camp on Denton Hill.

If anyone needs directions or GPS coordinates to the cabin, PM me!

I"m pumped! Warm temps this week for the region!

Posted on: 2013/4/15 12:14

From NC PA Mountains
I'll be around all day Friday. My plan is to stop up Thursday night & find out what we'll do Friday. maybe even earlier to fish Thursday evening.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 13:06

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Wait, this is still the 26th through 28th, correct?

There's actually a possibility of things working out for me.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 14:53

From Ephrata, PA
Yeah man!!!! DO IT! Come on. Just do it. Just go. Seriously. Just commit.

Seriously.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 14:56

This got me scheming. Keep in mind that we have a 1 1/2 year old and he has to come with one of us.

I have a business trip 23rd-25th (Tue-Thurs) in Pittsburgh. It is near enough to my parents that I can stay with them, and they can babysit if needed.

Wife has a business trip, 25th and 26th (Thur-Fri). Same deal, close to her parents, and they could babysit. Her parents live in Clearfield. Enticingly close to this jam...

And keep in mind my vacation days are limited. With an August family vacation, the jam, deer season, and 2 other long (family) weekends planned, I only have a small handful of unaccounted for days to use. The favored option is likely for her to take Andrew (our kid) with her to her parents. They babysit on the 25th and 26th while she works. I come home and work on Friday, so I don't use any vacation. She stays the weekend and brings Andrew home on Sunday. I do get a kidless Saturday to go fishing, but it's not enough time for a Potter County trip.

Now, my scheming self. :)

"Honey, my parents haven't seen Andrew in a while. How about I take him, and they get to babysit Tues-Thurs. You get a day or two off too. Now, that absolutely necessitates that I take a vacation day on Friday, as I can't both drop him off and pick him up at daycare on Friday. And if I travel to Clearfield on Thursday night, it's gonna be too late then to drive to SE PA and be home at a reasonable hour to work early Friday morn.

If I'm taking Friday off anyway, I might as well just bring him to Clearfield. Both sets of grandparants would then get to see him out of this trip, and you can spend the weekend visiting too!! Now, since you'd have help over the weekend, wouldn't this be the ideal weekend for me to take a multi-day fishing trip? I don't get many of those, and this is the best chance I'll get. I could even come back to Clearfield on Sunday to help with the drive home!"

If that somehow flies, then I'd be a Friday arrival, timing uncertain. Could pitch a tent if room is tight, no problem. Would have to leave at a reasonable hour Sunday morning.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 14:58

From Ephrata, PA
Pitch a tent? What are you smokin? We have beds a plenty. Just let me know how it pans out, and I'll get you to camp.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 15:10

Could someone give me some names of hotels, motels, cabins in the area that you guys would be fishing?

Posted on: 2013/4/15 15:12

alright, it'll probably shake out by this weekend and I'll let ya know. I know my way around a little up there, I lived in Coudersport for a spat. Though when I lived there my haunts were the Allegheny, 1st Fork, and even Oswayo drainages moreso than the Pine and Kettle, though I got some time on both.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 15:16

From Ephrata, PA
BeastBrown, if you're coming to the Jam, it's hosted at my family hunting camp. Lots of space for all. Al Jam attendees are welcome. We ASK (not require) for "guests" to pitch in $5 per night to help the hunting club cover the expenses of having a cabin, but that's it. We're all bringin' food and drink, it's gonna be communal, and its gonna be a good time.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 15:17

Ah, ic, that is very generous. I will certainly pay the camp donation. You remember that this is on the opening weekend of Turkey hunting? -in Potter County, Pa. Brookie exploring might not be too private, haha. Can we bring shotguns onto the property to cast and blast or would that be a negative?

Posted on: 2013/4/15 15:50

From Ephrata, PA
You can bring whatever you want to my hunting camp, as long as its LEGAL!!!

Posted on: 2013/4/15 15:53

From Ephrata, PA
More specifically, as long as its legal in the state of PA!

Posted on: 2013/4/15 15:54

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 10 »

Topic is Locked

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com