Putting out feelers for possible get togethers spring / summer / fall

krayfish2

krayfish2

Thinking about doing another Catskill Jam. Possibly add a 'Cluster Yough" event, Wam Water Flotilla or a Lehigh Fish and Swim.

Just gauging if there's any interest. If so, we'll work out the specifics.

You know my feelings about the WW Flotilla IN

As usual, I put in vacation time for the last week of april.
And plan on being at the delaware river then (flow levels permitting)

I'd be up for a Catskill Jam. I was actually contemplating heading up that way sometime this spring.

Andy,

I will be around the Upper D system May 1-5th staying at WBA with the old man. I'm heading out to Oregon May 12-17th but would be around any weekend after that. Lehigh is only 30 minutes from my house so I would be good for that as well.

stimey,
I already scheduled off May 5-8. If things change, maybe I'll hook up with you and your pop.

Catskills
I had planned on being up there May 21-28. I don't know if that's enough time to put together a JAM. It's likely that the Capra is already booked for that week or close to it. If you can get lodging, drop me a PM.

Aside from NYC draining the lakes, cold water is around all (or most) summer. It would be an opportunity for good fishing when some streams are getting too warm. I'd be good anytime from mid / late June - first week in October. Sound off and lets get a date on the books.

Lehigh
This would most likely be a one day 'JAM'. I think this would be good anytime from late April - mid June and then again in mid September through October. This will be a tougher task due to WW releases so we'd have to look at that schedule prior to picking a weekend.

Cluster Yough
1-2 day get together. Target dates from early May - middle of July or early October - late November. Holiday weekends should be avoided due to raft traffic. If my luck holds, it will rain the night before I get there and the Casselman will be pumping chocolate milk into the Yough.

Warm water flotilla
1-2 day bass / musky / other extravaganza. Was looking at the Juniata and Susky as the main target waters. Others like the Connie and Swattie could also come into play. Based on bass regulations, this would have to be done after June 17. If you wanted to try and time it with the white flies, we'd need to go at the beginning of August. Let me know what works best for you.

The Lehigh is probably the most realistic for me. Where were you thinking?

I would be interested in the Lehigh get 2gether .... By the end of April I'll be due 4 a break from my kids sports activities ... just don't want 2 miss a tournament weekend which should be 2 or 3 weekends

OK, here are the release dates for fishermen
March: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
• April: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30
• May: 1, 7, 8, 15, 22

I'm good for just about anything in late March through April. If the nice weather continues, hatches should go a little early this spring. I'm looking for a Lehigh guru to jump in here with me.

Also, please list if you have a boat or will be floating / wading.

Uh, in May you have THE jam. Haha. Seriously, just do an add on to that. In early May I don't think there's anywhere I'd rather be than central PA.

Anyway, I might be game for something later in the summer or fall. Depends how things work out with my mother in law. Health crisis. But since I was projecting a vacation shortage and had that going on, I volunteered for a furlough, which now gives me a vacation surplus. If I have anything to say about it, it'll be used for fishing purposes. I'd love June someplace northern tier or Catskillish. Or maybe I'll take part in the steelhead jam this year.

I would be interested in fishing the Lehigh or the D with some guys. I have been trying to get together with krayfish2 and company on the D for a couple years now. Maybe this will be the year!

Pcray wrote
In early May I don't think there's anywhere I'd rather be than central PA.

This tells me that you really have no idea what you're missing out on. No offense intended. Pat, I'd love to get you in the Lehigh, Beaverkill, Main. I think it will finally stop you from calling Penns 'huge water'. By PA standards, it's one of our bigger quality waters for sure but it's hardly big water.

I read your post and you say that you'd like to give it a shot for a day or two. I'm guessing it's a 4 hour drive so 2-3 days is needed if you want to get a decent sampling. You've seen hatches before. Depending when / where this ends up, you could see hatches that will make you scratch your head and your jaw drop. From the Lehigh to the Catskills, so many miles of trout water it's crazy. You want pocket water for miles....check. You want pools / riffs.....check. You want a river that looks like big spring but it's 150' wide....check. You want gemmie water every direction.....check. You want water that's easy to wade....check. Water that's impossible to wade....check.

I won't participate in gemmie stuff but can point you in that direction. I'd like to see how well you do in the varied conditions with strong / hard fighting fish. My nephew's aren't the best anglers I've seen but they are pretty handy. I hooked 35 fish in two days and handed them the rod. Only one made it to the net. They both said "How are you supposed to land these fish? Every one breaks you off."

Spring is very different from June / July and fall is different again. Hatches, flows and temps vary so much, the fish move great distances. One time of year may be better for nymphing, another for dries and another for streamers. Nobody's given any dates yet so toss your hat in the ring by giving some dates that will work for you. It's like heroin, just a tad addictive.

Kray, I'll see you the end of May up in Hancock. I may not be able to to row or cast, but will serve beers/ flip burgers on the grill.

Alright!! Wouldn't be the same if you weren't there.

I am booked at the Capra for the trip in May, and planning on another trip there in November or October for another streamer trip. Any time out here on the Yough give me a few days notice and I am there.

Mike,
You making early May or late May trip? Should be able to get some pretty decent fishing in at that time of year. You'll also want to remember that about 50% of the water up there closes Oct 15 to protect the spawn.

I will be up for four or five days for the late trip in May. Was it early October we were up there last year. Let me know about any days on the Yough. I am excited to get the new boat out.

I'd be down for things close to me (w/in 2 hours), at least for a day. I would LOVE to try the Lehigh...if someone can get me a boat!!!!

I have 3 toons. Sure one of them may be available.

Does that mean you'd participate or just lend out boats??

Back