Pocono Newbie Jam - Fall Edition

PoconoPaul

PoconoPaul

Figured I start a new thread on this following last Saturday's Newbie Jam on the Little L. As mentioned Shane and I are working on coordinating this.

Thus far it looks like October 6th and we are currently trying to identify an ideal location for the meet up / picnic portion of the event.

I figure by then the temps should be much cooler, especially up here by that time of the season so we all won't have to worry sweating our brains out while casting to uninterested fish.

Will be back with updates as soon as we square away the site.

PocPaul

Gotta check the calendar, but I'm in...(I hope)

50/50 .. might be heading to Chicago for UM v ND

I am in will put down on the calender.

I would like to attend but don't know my schedule that far in advance. I'll put it on my calendar.

Stagger_Lee wrote:
50/50 .. might be heading to Chicago for UM v ND

What....? You'd turn down excellent fishing for football? Can always record with DVR and watch later.

What....? You'd turn down excellent fishing for football? Can always record with DVR and watch later.
I may actually be GOING to chicago ... UMiami vs NDame takes the cake. (graduated from UM in 93).

Its ok, we did not want you there anyways. ;-)

Stagger_Lee wrote:
I may actually be GOING to chicago ... UMiami vs NDame takes the cake. (graduated from UM in 93).

Okay, but I don't want to hear any belly-aching about fishing only Valley and Pickering and wondering what it must be like to fish elsewhere. If you don't come we'll hold an honorary placemat, and chair for you. :p .... along with a cardboard cutout of you (we'll get someone to take a picture of you in advance) and lean it on the tent stand so that you can say you were there in a sense.

Its ok, we did not want you there anyways. ;-)

I aint even mad because I love staring at your avatar whenever you post :)

Stagger_Lee wrote:
PoconoPaul wrote:

Okay, but I don't want to hear any belly-aching about fishing only Valley and Pickering and wondering what it must be like to fish elsewhere. If you don't come we'll hold an honorary placemat, and chair for you. .... along with a cardboard cutout of you (we'll get someone to take a picture of you in advance) and lean it on the tent stand so that you can say you were there in a sense.

Lean it over the creek with a rod, probably have more luck then me. Make sure you take lotz of pictures of all this fish the cutout lands so I can post it on the board and brag

Will be sure to do that. I'll ask everyone who catches a Chub to take a picture of it, and whomever's is the largest is the picture we'll paste to the cut out. Then later in the year when we get a trophy for "Chub Champion - 2012" we'll award it to you at the next meetup.

Seriously though sorry you can't make it.

I'm 50/50 so we'll see and I should know soemtime in Sept

Possibility, but everything depends on when we close the shore house.

Boj

Would like to make it, but will have to see what going on as it gets closer....might help to put these in the Events section

Got confirmation from Ken Meade that he will be there to help.

We're all set. Saturday, October 6th. No set time, but feel free to come as early as you like.

Directions: Take the Rte. 476 (Northeast Extension) North to the Mahoning Valley Exit. From the toll plaza take the left most exit ramp to the stop sign. Make a left turn onto Rte. 209 North.

Make a Left Turn at the light onto Harrity Rd, and immediately after crossing the bridge over the Pohopoco, make the next Right Turn onto Pohopoco Drive. Follow Pohopoco Drive for a couple of miles until you come to Old Mill Road (will be on your right), Make a Right Turn onto Old Mill Road and follow back to the parking area.

Note: I'll repost as a separate thread for those that are interested.

Thanks,

P

I am In, that is a three day weekend for me

Back