PAFF Warmwater Jam/Float - Saturday 8/4/12

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
PAFF WarmWater Jam/Float – Saturday, August 4th

Join us WW Fly guys for the 2nd annual one-day Jam/float on Saturday August 4th.

Meet up at the Park & Ride lot in the Pittston area at 10am. We’ll likely fish ‘til dark. The meet-up lot is conveniently located at the junction of both Rt 81 (Pittson exit #175) and the PA Turnpike – NE Extension (Wyoming Valley exit #115) for easy access for members in all corners of PA. A Google Map is included below.

We will be fishing the North Branch of the Susquehanna River.

Bring your yak, toon, tube, canoe, or whatever, to float the River. Also, for the landlubbers, there will be plenty of water to wade as well.

There should be good number of nice smallies to be caught (and released), along with rockbass, an occasional walleye, and even a musky is possible for you toothy predator guys.

Recommended rod for SMB would be a 9’ 6wt or 7 wt, but a little lighter or heavier rod will do the job.

For flies, bring plenty of buggers, clousers, and streamers, as well as poppers and sliders for on top.

Come one, come all. It should be a blast.

View Untitled in a larger map

Hmmm sounds good, will have to see if I have anything going on.

Its a little bit too far east for me but it sounds like a good time.

It's a really busy time for me but I really hope to make it. Only time will tell.

Did someone say Warm Water Insurgents Float :-D Count me in even if I have to call out of work .

Nice fish to be had

Alli004.jpg

Alli009.jpg

checking the calendar to see if i can make it! I would also be camping at the least saturday eve if not fri and sat and get on water early sat and sun just thoughts...hopeful!

So whats the float...from where to where? And are there campgrounds around? perhaps at the take out?

Maurice wrote:
So whats the float...from where to where? And are there campgrounds around? perhaps at the take out?

Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning...

The plan is to meet up at the Park & Ride just off the highway and drive down together to the River. We will be fishing/floating the Harding / Falls section of the Susky. Floaters will put in at the Falls launch and take out at the Apple Tree Road launch. The float is about 6-7 miles. Waders can park and fish at both places.

This is a day trip, but those wishing to stay overnight can camp here:

http://local.yahoo.com/info-12125419-susquehanna-shores-campground-falls

I've never camped there, but it's located right along the River, very close to the take-out.

This is good news! I haven't been to a JAM in Two WEEKS!
IF I can make this, I'll be camping as well. I just gotta check to see when the dog-sitter goes back to college!

Unfortunately, I had a friend pass away the other day. He is being cremated and the service/celebration will be August 4th. Possibly will be able to meet up with you guys later in the day.

I'm in unless something comes up

I'm in!

I don't have a bass boat or canoe anymore...... but I have a neat float tube!

I'll bring a 6wt!

My work schedule ends on the 1st, so it'll be a last minute call for me, but I'm going to try to get there.

Boyer

there are any rental places for canoe/kayak?

Sound like a good trip...but I will be in Canada...

i'll pencil in the date.

Back