Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 11 »

Next Year's Jam Location !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Delaware Co.
OK I'm going to start this thread now so we aren't deciding the location and dates of next year's Jam after my to submit my vacation for the next year .......Just Saying.............

Posted on: 2010/5/27 20:49

Re: Next Year's Jam Location !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
I vote for drakes on Penns again. What a blast!

Posted on: 2010/5/27 21:10

I vote for another area of the state.

Not gonna be a Hemlock Arces since Jack got us kicked out of there but Poe Paddy State Park has a pretty large group camping area. Guess if your the cabin type you could still hit up Hemlock Arces or some B&B's in and around Coburn- or even hotels in Lamar- it's only 20-30 minutes away.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 7:01

From Bozeman
Poe is a state park. Ranger danger = no party.

I vote central PA again. Drakes would be nice, but I doubt it'll happen that early again. I say we find a CG around penns/fishing creeks and shoot for the same weekend.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 9:05

From Pittsburgh
A little early for this?
Anyway, there is another privately owned campground in the same general area.
It's called penns creek campground - right on the stream down around glen iron.
I stayed there once a few years ago. I don't think it's as big as hemlock acres though, and I don't know if it could handle a crowd the size as we had at this years jam.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 9:18

From Monessen, PA
Frederick and others. Locate campground, call and speak to OWNER. Discuss what we do and what cooperation we want from them. Tell them 50 people give or take 20. Find out cabin rates and number of beds available. Find out about rental rooms, campers, lean-tos or whatever and how many tents can be accomodated; next, present the idea here. Include details, location, web links or whatever.

No one is going to refuse help in finding a right fit for our event. We can take over a small motel if there is camping and a location to gather nearby. All possibilities exist, but it takes someone to do the research. If you are eager to have a decision made, be equally eager to help with the research.

I am absolutely certain we can find a CG or other location which would be grateful for the extra patrons and free advertising and exposure to fly anglers that hosting us for a Jamboree brings with it.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 9:31

From Delaware Co.
Jack I wish I had a place for us to go . The only other place I know were to camp on pens is Poe Paddy and I have no problem with having a dry Jambo . I will start researching but I have only been fly fishing for 3 years now so I am trying to use the resorces of the people on this website to solve our problem .

But maybe just maybe if somebody would take one for the board and give a campground owner a formal appology he will let us have it their again next year .Or we can just find somewhere else instead .

..........Just Saying..........

Posted on: 2010/5/28 9:57

From Lehigh Valley
I'm sorry - did i miss something? When/why did we get kicked out? (i'm a little slow and out of the loops sometimes...)

Posted on: 2010/5/28 10:00

From Bozeman
I don't think it's about him taking us back. It's about not being allowed to properly have the jam when we're there. Whether he takes us back is irrelevant. He's not willing to take the group.

I don't even drink more than one or two nights at the jam, but I will organize a separate event if it's going to be dry. Beers around the fire ring are the best part.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 10:03

From York County
I would like to remain neutral about the whole Jack and Rudy argument about the pavillion and the lights and all of that, but I was there and it did get ugly.

I heard quite a few off color comments throughout my stay, and the "picnic bench scene" was a little over the line on Rudy's part, and that is all I have to say about that.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 10:26

From Chester County
how 'bout Jam 2011 in the NC region? Chaz says he measures the brookies up there by feet, not inches!...

Posted on: 2010/5/28 10:42

From Red Lion PA
I guess alot could happen between now and then, and not saying I will make it next year, though I hope to. Sucks to hear there were problems with the campground, it sounds like a nice place. Anyway, this one is close by, looks nice and has tent/cabin/rv sites available.

http://www.sevenmountainscampground.com/index.html

Hopefully it is sorted by next summer, I was bummed to not be able to come this year, there are some guys on here I would like to meet. I am with Jay though, hanging out around a campfire = beer, as far as I am concerned.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 10:45

From Bozeman
After having done one jam in NCPA, I remember the general consensus to be that we needed to get back on limestone ASAP. The water was 72 degrees by the first weekend in june. The brookie guys love it, but there just aren't many big water wild trout opportunities.

I'd love to see jam around the delaware, but it's just too far for the western PA guys.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 10:46

From Monessen, PA
The Jam in the NC Region is likely because Petticote Junction CG in Cedar Run treated us well last time there, has cabin space and tenting facilities. We had no problem with our gathering of 15-20 campers. The thing has grown. We need a CG who understands what we do, what they are in for, and how accomodating us will benefit them.

On the other point, I have nothing whatsoever to apologize to anyone about. I was not over the line by even a centimeter. But, as I intimate here, anyone else who wants to try to arrange what is necessary is more than welcome to step up to the plate. You included, Fred. Just tell Rudy I've agree not to attend if he has us back. Truth be told, you may find that is all he really hopes for. Just sayin'....

Posted on: 2010/5/28 10:51

From Bozeman
Jack,

If it's at hemlock under a "no jack" condition, I'll be happy to organize a competing gathering.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 10:57

(1) 2 3 4 ... 11 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com