Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 11 »

Re: Next Year's Jam Location !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From Monessen, PA
There will be no need as I can attend incognito.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 11:02

-- Leo Tolstoy

From Bozeman
We can put a lampshade on your head and put you in the corner when Rudiger is around.

When you're out fishing, just nymph a lot. He'll be none the wiser.

We can always get a talk box for you, to prevent detection through auditory surveillance devices...

Posted on: 2010/5/28 11:05

From Delaware Co.
I don't think you were out of line but if you take one for the board maybe he will let us have it there again . Maybe after he sits on it for a while he will realize that he was off the deap end . Or we can just find a new place .

Posted on: 2010/5/28 11:39

From York County
Not only is there Poe Paddy in the area, Poe Valley has a decent sized campground and is really only like 3-4 miles from Poe Paddy. I don't think I want to go back to Hemlock. If the next jam happens to be there, I think I might just camp at Poe Valley, I always liked campgrounds that have a lake.

I'll drive over to Hemlock for morning coffee, if I have to.

I'd rather deal with park rangers at a state park and their clearly defined rules, than deal with a "camp nazi" any day.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 11:44

From Monessen, PA
I don't want this to be about HACG at all. It isn't an easy thing to deal with us. I thought it was worth the revenue, but apparently not. Good fishing nearby, lodging or camping available and, if possible, a pavilion or open field in which to gather in the late hours to early morning. People were very generous with the donations and we could afford to rent a pavilion off a local park or sportsman/social club. A lot of Lions Clubs, Rotary, Chambers of Commerce, municipalities, and private groups have picnic grounds. If we can find one with adequate housing or camping nearby or on the property, we could make that work as well.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 11:54

-- Leo Tolstoy

From Pittsburgh
I've heard, beyond Jack, Rudy expressing that he didn't appreciate us and it wasn't worth the money he got.
I'm about the customer service...if he doesn't think it is worth it, there are plenty of possibilities to explore...

Posted on: 2010/5/28 12:00

From Harrisburg
"No Jack allowed" certainly shouldn't be an option.
HAS to be another place if Rudy is gonna be like that. Truth is I felt like he was happier to meet my dogs than he was me. Sure didnt make me feel very welcome.
Sucks though as thats Pauls home turf.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 12:16

From Delaware Co.
We could always try a Cumberland Valley Jam or go to Pine again ?

Posted on: 2010/5/28 12:46

From Bozeman
As the time approaches, I will offer to handle a good portion of the planning if that's what it takes to keep it in central PA. south-central PA is nice, but I'm not sure it's jam material. We need big water and hatches for a jam, IMO.

Pine is beautiful. I love it. But stocked fish are stocked fish. I'm enough of a snob to take on the extra work for that reason alone.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 12:49

From Greensburg, PA
I heard Rudy say it myself:

"1500 dollars is not worth 50 drunk guys. " I frankly had one beer each Sat and Sun night...BTW

But back to what matters.

We've done Hemlock to death. Time to move on. Where's Chaz? He's always complaining about having it at Hemlock. He said he was having his alternate gathering the same weekend. How'd it go? Where did you do it? Is beer legal there? I have never been to Petticoat. Spruce and the bottom of the Canyon would all be new water to me. I liked Pine... Sandfly who could do some serious business at his shop if 50 guys from the board showed up all in one weekend. Any suggestions?

I hear a lot of things here other than where would you like to fish for at least an entire weekend that might have what the members are looking for. I have heard Delaware and Spruce/Pine and Penns...anyone else?

Posted on: 2010/5/28 13:29

From Greensburg, PA

Posted on: 2010/5/28 13:33

From Bozeman
Good idea. Sandfly, feel free to give your opinions on where we should stay.

Perhaps we can poll a few fly shops. They'd probably help a good bit for the sake of getting the business.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 13:48

From harlansburg
while the penns area is great, nothing wrong with moving the jam around a little, mid central this year, n. central next year, etc. give folks a chance to fish some different streams and some they might never bother to visit.
state parks are OUT!! the rangers are getting like the SS!! bad enough staying at one by myself anymore, yet alone 50-60 people. a dry jam??? yeah, right!! good one.
you think it's hard to find a place for 50 flyfishermen? try finding a place for 500 bmw riders!!! lots of folks that put on the motorcycle gatherings I attend like to use private camps such as kids camps, summer camps, etc. they don't get used until school is out, some of them like the additional money an event can bring them. just a thought.
I too got the feeling rudy didn't care to have us around. guess he doesn't care about making an easy 1500 bucks for the weekend!
actually, I'm thinking he made much more than that! lots of folks stayed extra days on both ends of the weekend.

Posted on: 2010/5/28 14:21

From Greensburg, PA
That's good info Biker...do you know anyone from one of your groups that might be able to suggest an area or even recommend a camp that might be empty in May?

Posted on: 2010/5/28 14:51

From harlansburg
I'll do some snooping around.
kids camps work good for outings, most have enough bunks to fit everyone, and plenty of tent space for those that prefer to camp. plus they usually have pavilions and some type of cafeteria building/kitchen, plus nice showers and bathrooms

"1500 dollars is not worth 50 drunk guys. "

heck, if I had a place near good water, I'd welcome 50 drunk guys for 1500 bucks, I usually have to pay to be involved with a group like that!!LOL

Posted on: 2010/5/28 17:17

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 11 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com