Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »

Re: Newbie Brush-up Day - June 22

From Phoenixville Pa
Will it be too early for tricos? What do you anticipate as far as bugs on the water other than midges and terrestrials?

Posted on: 2013/6/13 13:11

From North East PA
Grand-kids are coming in for the weekend, so I can't make this one.

On the plus side, if the weather is good, I'll take the grands for their first boat ride!

Posted on: 2013/6/13 17:03

"Hey, Wait, that rock is moving" - Pat D, Newbie Jam, 3/16/13

From barto PA
Is this open to friends of paflyfish members as well??? A friend I've been flyfishin with this year seems interested and he fishes the LL a bunch anyway.

He might actually be a member on here by now as I keep telling him about this site and I know his brother is on here also.

Posted on: 2013/6/14 13:55

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

PASKIINGSUCKS wrote:
Is this open to friends of paflyfish members as well???

Absolutely!

One of the intended goals of our Newbie events is to attract new members to paflyfish. Members, friends, family, and the general public - it's all good. And it's ALWAYS free to attend.

We're all about sharing knowledge, learning, making new friends and fishing buddies, and of course, having fun!

No registration or signup required. Show up when you want, leave when you want - no pressure at all.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 7:43

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

paparise wrote:
Will it be too early for tricos? What do you anticipate as far as bugs on the water other than midges and terrestrials?

There's been reports of some tricos already, but nothing heavy. The "benchmark" for tricos has been traditionally around the 4th of July. We could see caddis, paraleps, olives, maybe some late sulphurs and cahills too. Terrestrials are a good bet, as well as the ever present midges. Craneflies too.....

Posted on: 2013/6/15 7:49

From Philadelphia
Away fishing for a week and have not been keeping up with things, thanks H-A for keeping up.

Just caught up on the thread. Two things, this is NOT the Fish N Chips event, that will be held on July 27th, same place. Second, we will officially start at 10am outside the fly shop. I'll be there early also to try to fish a bit but this is about and for the Newbies, so if you get there early and see me come up and say hi, and start firing questions.

There is no set agenda on topics. We will go over anything you need us to go over. I think H-A put that out there, as well. Delta-Dog has a prior committement but he is trying to rearrange things to also be there. The event is open to PAFF's and their friends as well as "lurkers" who have not yet joined us but are thinking about doing so.

See you next week.

Fox

Posted on: 2013/6/15 15:32

From Philadelphia
To give everyone as much info as possible and in case you cannot get there at 10, we have decided that we will go from 10 to 1. So if you can't get there early you'll know how long we will be there and hopefully you can spend some time with us. You are not expected to stay with us the entire time either. We encourage you to get some pointers on questions you have and then wander off to the stream to practice.

Fox

Posted on: 2013/6/16 13:57

From Southwestern NY
Ok so after a great bunch of family planning I will be attending after all. Cant wait to meet some of these people from here. Plus I get a get away from the family driving card! Or at least from here to allentown, but ill sill be makint the rest of the trek home sunday morn.

Posted on: 2013/6/18 8:17

From Philadelphia
Guys and Gals, I just want to get an idea of who is coming as a newbie and who is coming to help out. Also, if you are coming as a newbie for advice, either PM me or post here what it is you would like brush-up help on. I want to make sure we have you covered. I'm willing to bring my tying stuff if anyone has tying questions, too.

Everyone's plans change so I don't want to go back through this thread and use it as a list, so please post again. Doesn't have to be a long post, can be something like:

FoxGap239 is coming as a newbie and would like help in walking in waders without tripping.

Posted on: 2013/6/18 12:07

From Lehigh Valley
Heritage Angler is coming to help out, and would like help having camera ready when Foxgap239 trips.

Posted on: 2013/6/18 12:33

From Philadelphia
Quote:

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Heritage Angler is coming to help out, and would like help having camera ready when Foxgap239 trips.

Yep, I knew there was NO WAY you'd let that one pass! LMAO

Posted on: 2013/6/18 12:36

I am coming as a newb. I realize this list might be too long, but some things I am interested in learning about more: mending, finding and identifying bugs, reading water more effectively than I do now. I'm sure once someone who knows anything watches me for 2 minutes they will cry, hide, and try to pawn me off. Or instantly have a list of 75 things I can do better.

Posted on: 2013/6/18 13:07

From Philadelphia
Quote:

phiendWMD wrote:
I am coming as a newb. I realize this list might be too long, but some things I am interested in learning about more: mending, finding and identifying bugs, reading water more effectively than I do now. I'm sure once someone who knows anything watches me for 2 minutes they will cry, hide, and try to pawn me off. Or instantly have a list of 75 things I can do better.

No problem, look forward to meeting you. I'll make sure you spend time with several people, this way we can spread the pain. Just kidding.

Just remember none of us came out of the womb as knowing anything about this love of ours, we were all where you are once!

Posted on: 2013/6/18 13:18

From Southwestern NY
Water reading is my personal big one, and actually spotting fish. Will also have my dslr on hand for some photo documentation. Also it looks like firstcap and I will be meeting up to play around with some double hand casting (switch/spey as well) though it will probably end up on bigger water afterwards, if any one cares to join as well.

Oh and on my to do list would be some nymphing technique, probably my weakest suit.

Thanks again to those who set this up!!!

Posted on: 2013/6/18 13:43

From Wayne County
I'm coming just because I like fishing with you guys.

If there is anything I can do to help, not sure what, I'd be happy to.

I always have extra equipment with me if there's someone who hasn't taken the plunge and wants to borrow a fly outfit.

Posted on: 2013/6/18 15:28

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com