Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

Re: Newbie Brookie Expedition/Jam?

From LV
I'll take 2 foxes over any Chaz any time. Trouble is you almost never see a fox along a stream, let alone 2.

Posted on: 2013/2/13 19:15

From Bucks County
Would love to attend a brookie jam. I have never caught a brook trout and its on my goal list for this year.

Posted on: 2013/2/13 19:47

From Glendora nj
Would like in on this keep me updated!

Posted on: 2013/2/13 20:46

From Yardley, PA
I'm a newbie to Fly Fishing and would be really be interested in participating. I live in Bucks County just north of Philly so NC PA or poconos works for me!!!!

Posted on: 2013/2/13 21:14

From Yardley, PA
I'm a newbie to Fly Fishing and would be really be interested in participating. I live in Bucks County just north of Philly so NC PA or poconos works for me!!!!

Posted on: 2013/2/13 21:15

From Boyertown
My son and I would definitely be in depending on location and date keep me posted thanks

Posted on: 2013/2/13 21:48

From Couldn't Care Less
We doing this?

Posted on: 2013/4/17 13:19

From Ephrata, PA
Stagger, any time you want, I'll take you out for brookies. You shall catch them, and it shall be good.

Posted on: 2013/4/17 13:32

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
There has typically been an expidition of this type at the JAM. pcray has headed it up for a few years. It just sort of happens, so if anyone is attending the JAM and interested in brookies, just say the word and we'll get someone to show you the ropes.

Posted on: 2013/4/17 13:55

From Couldn't Care Less
Thanks Squatch .. ur in Lancaster right? If that happens it will be considered "newbie", right? This means patience and answering of questions b4 I "catch my groove".

Posted on: 2013/4/17 14:03

From Ephrata, PA
Dude, I took chickens more springier than you up these streams. No worries. The stream I have in mind is a GREAT stream for "beginners", as it's not quite as tight as most.

Posted on: 2013/4/17 14:07

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Yeah, my MO at the jam has been get to a brookie stream Sat morning, preferably with a newbie or 3 in tow. Leave, get a bite to eat or whatever, and arrive at a larger stream for evening festivities (and hopefully meet up with more PAFF people).

At that time of year, it usually works out pretty well that way, that's the way I'd do it if I were alone. Biggest issue is getting around on time to get a decent trip in. Without fail, someone in the planned group stayed up drinkin till 3 or 4 a.m. on Friday night, and it's nearly lunchtime before we get them on the road. With driving and hiking, that doesn't give you much time on the brookie waters without endangering missing the evening fun.

I socialize and down a few on Friday, but don't get ridiculous. Saturday night is the important one. And drinkin late Friday, followed by getting up and fishing all day Saturday, doesn't leave enough in the tank for Saturday night these days. I'm gettin old. Gotta "prepare" for Saturday if I want to be a trooper.

That said, Stagger, I fully intend to take you on a brookie outing or two this year, not counting the jam. There may be a chance to get you out in the next couple of weeks. Lookin at a couple of weekends here. Things still too in the air to commit to anything, but one of em's gotta work out. I'll let you know.

Posted on: 2013/4/17 14:12

From Couldn't Care Less
Good stuff ... I'll get with my better half to discuss some weekends for May and/or June and PM some dates tho I would also consider playing hooky ... will put something together over the next few weeks.

Posted on: 2013/4/17 14:13

From Couldn't Care Less
Yea Pcray .. I'm in for that as well. I really need to get into this b/ as much as I love to fish (catch'em) I have really learned to appreciate the sounds of the creek. Looking forward to getting into some scenic spots as I haven't really experienced that yet.

Better start hitting the gym b/ ADucker told me abt one of the places I think you took him last fall

Posted on: 2013/4/17 14:16

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Comon, I'm not exactly in the best shape!!! If I can handle it.....

But yeah, I'd take you to that one. It's about as scenic as things get, and certainly above average from a fishing standpoint.

But also a real ballbuster. There are lots of less "aggressive" places if it's a real concern.

Posted on: 2013/4/17 14:20

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com