Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: Newbie Brookie Expedition/Jam?

From Ephrata, PA
Pcray if you guys do that, let me know. I'm always lookin' for new water. I'll gladly show you some of my haunts locally, but I doubt they'd really be worth your trip over, as I never caught 40+ fish a day!

Posted on: 2013/4/17 14:35

From Christiana, Delaware
hehe I hope I didn't scare you off completly. Next time we fish I can show you some pictures of what to expect on the extreme side. lol
If you want to get in shape walk up 20 flights of stairs, then walk down 20 flights of stairs. repeat 5 times. Do this routine every day.... Then you can hack it:)

All kidding aside, it's not that bad, just that I have bad legs and have to constantley work to keep in shape at my age.

Pat don't kid yourself, anyone that can climb like that is in pretty good shape. You know how to pace yourself.

Hey I made it halfway w/ Pat before I surendered to fishing but I still needed to climb the rest of the way out. And the pain in my legs only lasted for 1 day so I guess for my age I can still climb mountains:) I'm ready to do it again and again.

Quote:

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Yea Pcray .. I'm in for that as well. I really need to get into this b/ as much as I love to fish (catch'em) I have really learned to appreciate the sounds of the creek. Looking forward to getting into some scenic spots as I haven't really experienced that yet.

Better start hitting the gym b/ ADucker told me abt one of the places I think you took him last fall

Posted on: 2013/4/17 18:42

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
That creek is cake.

Posted on: 2013/4/17 21:19

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Bucks County
Quote:

Aducker wrote:
hehe I hope I didn't scare you off completly. Next time we fish I can show you some pictures of what to expect on the extreme side. lol
If you want to get in shape walk up 20 flights of stairs, then walk down 20 flights of stairs. repeat 5 times. Do this routine every day.... Then you can hack it:)

I think you guys are going to need a doctor on this trip...

Posted on: 2013/4/17 22:51

From Ferguson Twp.
Ya know, with the spring jam coming up those of you going could hook up and have a sub jam in a jam.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 6:19

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Quote:
You know how to pace yourself.

The "secret" is giddy enthusiasm about catching easy 6" trouts and being in pretty places. Your never tired when the adrenaline is flowing. You can then keep going and going like the energizer bunny. And for me, it never gets old, that adrenaline doesn't fade until I'm back in the car.

I'm fine until, after driving home, I get out of the car. Stiffness becomes apparant. And my wife always jokes "I thought you fished to relax and recover, but you come back here far worse than when you left!"

But it's totally worth it.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 10:08

From Ephrata, PA
I'm convinced that my increase in small stream fly fishing played a MAJOR role in my weight loss this past year. I'm a huge supporter of the idea that fly fishing is indeed exercise!

The first time I fished with Sal, we went to a small Lanc freestoner. I was about 345lbs and struggled desperately to keep up. I fished that stream on Saturday and rocked it. No problems at all. Love it. Its my favorite kind of fishing.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 10:19

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com