Neshannock 3/9 or 3/10

pro4mance

pro4mance

Want to get out fishing this weekend after snowmaggedon blows thru. Anyone else planning on going?
May head up Saturday after 9 am father son hockey game.

I'll be there most of Saturday and probably Sunday...

Might try to head up Saturday. Not quite 100% yet, but hoping....

I'll probably end up getting there between 12 and 1 Saturday. I know the shop is doing the lunker stocking at 1. Not sure where I'm going to fish yet, I've only fished up near the shop a couple of times. I drive a silver Wrangler four door with a Pro4manceHobbies.com sticker on the back windows.

Not sure when I'll be there, but planning on going pretty early. I'll be wearing Orvis breathables and a fishpond waist pack, and anywhere from the shop down to the covered bridge.

Right around 4/9 and 4/10 I'll be all over that stream.

GRANNOMS!!!

yeah I said it!

We'll have to get some guys together for that hatch.

I missed them last year, and if I remember correctly the stream was too high the year before when they hatched:( I did hit a pretty good non-grannom caddis hatch on neshannock once last year though. It wasn't "snowing" with caddis, but the fish were pretty hungry.

A GRANNOM JAM!

Staring at 9 inches of snow this morning

only a couple inches up here near the neshannock

Ya the radar images of snow, light snow, no snow are really clear, looks cool and hope it wont affect the creek too much for the weekend

Didn't realize they were going to be stocking on Saturday. If that's the case, I'll likely just fish Pine Creek or something. If I had my druthers, I'd be in Ohio as they are crushing chrome out there right now, but that will have to wait until next weekend, I think.

The stocking on Saturday is the "Lunker Stocking". These fish are funded by the bucket in the shop and the stocking is done mainly right behind the shop. There is also a raffle for a free rod so there will be some people there. It may not be packed, but it may be all at the same time. I'm guessing with the snow that the crowds won't be too bad, but who knows.

Final talley 11 1/2 inches outside my door this morning. Got my raffle tickets, Ryan are you going out?

I would like to, but probably not. I'll let you know if those plans change. Supposed to be fairly nice.

hey guys...i plan on being at neshannock saturday...probably late morning round 10 or 11...wearing the white stetson cowboy hat as usual...hope to cyas there

snow is mostly melted, and the creek looks good. probably not gonna fish though, nothing hatching yet! ;-)

Well I guess we'll just have to use bobbers and nymphs then..

Or like Hank Patterson, we'll create our own hatch :cool:

san juan has always worked great for me there...will definitely be tying that onto the line as well as some egg patterns

And don't forget buggers and green weenies....

Back