Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Mini-jam Fall 2010, NE Pennsylvania and Catskills.
From Chester County
Sight_nymph......You look like a nice guy from your avatar.....just funning you Dude

Posted on: 2010/6/3 13:37

From Bozeman
A fellow malaco fan? I'll bring a 5 lb box on this trip!

Posted on: 2010/6/3 13:37

My regular fishing partner brings the following every trip to the Catskills:

5 lb ham
Potato rolls
Pickles
Various cheeses
Peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets
Case of sweedish fish
Case of gatorade
12 pack of water
12 pack of beer
Deer balogna
Jerky
Toastchee crackers
Granola bars
Bag of apples

All of that stuff for a 3 day trip!!

We usually set up a crockpot before heading out to fish. When we come back, hot chicken rice soup / roast / beef stew / etc.

Posted on: 2010/6/3 14:18

I just spoke with the motel manager. There was a bit of a worry that there may have been a schedule conflict with the 16th annual, 2010 "harvest festival". It appears that they will hold their gathering in early Oct. BTW, I did find out that the harvest fest is a gathering of 'like minded' individuals for the purpose of hanging out, music and pot. Yes.... pot. Patchouli oil will not be required by any attending the fall mini-jam. I guess if I was planning to go back in early Oct, those plans just went "up in smoke". Hardy har har.

Posted on: 2010/6/3 15:52

From Bozeman
Two weeks vacation. Late sept through early Oct. Check.

If you brought that kind of food supply to the harvest fest, you'd be treated like a king.

Posted on: 2010/6/3 15:56

afish,
That's not really me! I wish I were that good looking. It's actually a pic of my favorite comic.... Doug Stanhope. He's one funny, sick MF. I do fancy myself to be quite funny though. When you think you know what's going to fly outta my mouth... WRONG!

Jay,
That food stash is for my buddy Josh. He's 5'9", 165-170 lbs. We eat a full breakfast at the diner and head to the river. In the first pool, he'll be on the bank eating. Dude must take in 5000 calories a day. When the metabolism finally slows down.... BOOM. Fat city. Start buying 46 waisted pants. LMAO

Posted on: 2010/6/3 16:47

From Chester County
You mean you're not that handsome devil in your avatar?!

Posted on: 2010/6/4 6:00

From Pittsburgh
Sounds like a nice jam coming together here, andI hope to make it.
I already have vaction time in for the first week of october, but I might be able to move it earlier. I'll have to wait until the final dates are settled, and see.

Posted on: 2010/6/4 10:44

From York County
I wouldn't need a motel room for the trip. I could stay at an old friends place less than a half hour away. I know some good streams west of the Big D for brookies, and a few for browns.

I have better luck in the Susquehanna River up there for big trout than on the Delaware.

If you think I'm joking, well then good, I'll tell you another one.

Just don't ask me for GPS coordinates.

Posted on: 2010/6/5 13:12

From York County
Honestly though, I have literally have a topographical road map of that area in my head, maybe not so much Wayne Co. but I don't need a map in Susquehanna Co.

And yes there are a few areas on the Susky up North with big rainbows, hard to find, but easier to catch than the D.

Posted on: 2010/6/5 13:19

From North Central PA
Rainbows in the NB Susky? Maybe up near Oneonta where the headwaters are... Certainly not in Susquehanna Co or Bradford Co.

(I take that back... the first 2 weeks before trout season and the 1st week of trout season one can catch a bunch of stockies in the NB Susky. They seem to flee all the tribs and into the awaiting mouths of pike and muskie in the river.

Posted on: 2010/6/6 12:52

From York County
Quote:
Rainbows in the NB Susky? Maybe up near Oneonta where the headwaters are... Certainly not in Susquehanna Co or Bradford Co.

No, certainly not. At least not in July or August.

Posted on: 2010/6/7 0:01

Jake,
That susky thing sounds pretty interesting. Why does everyone think the fish on the D are impossible to catch? It's just wild fish, tons of bugs and a perfect drift. Isn't that what you try to do for every trout? It can be brutal sometimes. Below is a descritpion of the rivers from a local guide....

A large, difficult-to-read waterway with long, slow-moving pools... big, sipping browns and rainbows that are very selective... tiny, hard-to-match flies... long casts... invisible takes... the list goes on.
This is the Main Stem of the Delaware. For the expert flyfisher, it can be a "10" on a scale of "10". For the advanced flyfisher, it can be a lesson in humility. For the average flyfisher, it can be an exercise in frustration. And for the novice, it can be a look at the dark side of trout fever.
The East Branch produces some very large browns and rainbows each year, and its Upper reaches maintain a stable brook trout population due to the many small mountain tributaries that feed it. For the most part, streamside fishing is best on the Upper river, although a few drift boats and canoes carry flyfishers to less accessible stretches.
The "Lower" East Branch is largely a free-stone stream, with classic riffles and runs, and long, deep pools. Since its flow is also supplemented by the Beaverkill River -- a medium-sized stream -- it can remain more productive throughout the season and particularly near the end of the season. While the lower river can be waded in most areas, some of the deep pools can put rising trout out of reach. As a result, a drift boat or canoe is often a much more productive way of fishing.
The West Branch is generally regarded as the best of the three rivers that make up the Delaware trout fishery. While it is the shortest of the three, it offers the flyfisher a continuous series of pools, runs and riffles that contain a large, wild population of browns and rainbows, averaging in size from 12 to 16 inches, with many in the 18-and-over class..
Captain Adrian LaSorte, Guide

Posted on: 2010/6/7 10:56

From Eastern PA
Definately in. How many rooms n Capri? 30? Maybe? Should be able to sell out. No one is gonna give us crap. We party in the bars, I will pacify the hippies.

Posted on: 2010/6/8 3:14

From Eastern PA
Who's floating?

Posted on: 2010/6/8 3:17

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com