Little Juniata River Clean Up April 10th 2010

Acristickid

Acristickid

Little Juniata River Association 5th Annual 2010 River Bank Clean-up

Saturday, April 10th, 9:00 am to 1 pm

Meet at the Spruce Creek United Methodist Church parking lot. Once again the church will provide hot drinks in the morning and their famous lunch after we finish!

We will clean-up river banks and parking areas from Bellwood To Barree

All bags and gloves furnished

Contacts:

Bill Anderson 814 -684-5922, bjuniata@verizon.net

Gary Miller 814-947-0339, gmiller@skellyloy.com

Consider helping out.

I've got stuff with the kids on Sat, but everyone should consider going.

I carried out some stuff on Saturday, but didn't make a dent in all the debris on the banks. I saw a tire in a tree, a front door in the sand. The LJ is too nice of a place to not keep clean.

Thanks for posting and thanks for your continued efforts, Akid!!!!

To those of you that cannot make the J cleanup, please consider simply carting a bag of trash out of your local stream on your next trip. I picked up a bag of trash between two of the three federal parking areas on spring creek a few weeks ago. Our streams have accumulated a lot of garbage over the long winter.

Jay- just figured I would put this out there since this always shows up in everyones "top 5" list. Don't try to take the guilt out of my post- that's what makes most first timers show.

If you can make the J event, by all means do so. I don't think it's a bad thing to suggest that doing cleanup work on ANY stream is a helpful though. I had no intent to subvert the J event. If I lived closer, I would be there. From what I can tell, it's a good time. One could learn a lot about the river that way.

The annual cleanup on Spring Creek will be Saturday April 17. Thanks for getting it started Jay.

I guess the clean up was successful- our bags got picked up by a truck so I never made it back the church for the final count of trash or the lunch because I wanted to get in the water and fish.

TB- good luck next weekend!!!!!!!!!

Back