Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Lancaster Fly Fishing Show: 3-4 Mar 2018

From Lititz, PA
I'll do what I can for the breakfast which is to be at the Neptune Diner at 7:30 on Saturday morning and request some combined tables in the back room anticipating people attending the fly fishing convention from around the state and traveling.

I think that the Neptune will do their best to accomodate us. Since I am a realively new member on the board and don't know anyone, I am almost 60, gray hair, 6' tall, 175 lbs. and will be wearing a Carolina blue sweatshirt and visor, which will be easily recognizable in a sea of Penn State and Villanova blue.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone and making new friends.

CT

Posted on: 3/1 17:53

From Dallastown, PA
OK CT, If I get my arse up at 6 I may make it to buy your skinny arse breakfast. 6' 175, you need some carbs man!

Posted on: 3/2 18:03

From Lititz, PA
I get a lot of exercise at work which is one of the reasons I have been able to keep my weight at the level that it is.

Posted on: 3/3 2:00

any cigar smokers interested in sitting down for a stick at the cigar bar sunday?

Posted on: 3/3 9:25

From Lititz, PA
I am interested but don't know anything about cigars or where the cigar bar is located. I'm sure that I can smoke a very mild type of cigar and force down some whiskey on the rocks.

Posted on: 3/3 15:31

From chester ct
Yo Cano, Ree - yeah - where's the 'gar bar? I can bring my pipes and puff with you.

Posted on: 3/3 22:03

right downtown, believe it's actually called lancaster cigar bar... been there once before, looked like good food, though i didn't eat myself. decent selection of stoags, bit overpriced but comes with the territory i guess. i'll probably find myself there around 4 or 5 so if anyone is so inclined would be great to meet... i'm around 6' with a beard and usually a patagonia hat so say hi if you see such a character.

Posted on: 3/3 22:39

From Lititz, PA
I think that there are two cigar bars in this area. I don't know which one Reefishd is referring to. I rarely smoke tobacco, but will smoke a cigar and have some drinks with fellow board members on paflyfish.com.

I had a great time meeting everyone at the breakfast at the Neptune Diner. There were only six of us, but we made it happen. I only stayed at the fly fishing show for two hours since I had a lot of college basketball to watch.

Unfortunately, the UNC Tarheels lost to their arch rival Duke in Durham, but Duke is always tough to beat in Cameron Indoor Stadium.

Posted on: 3/3 22:41

From Lititz, PA
It is a little after 3:00 pm and I am on my way to Lancaster City to smoke a cigar and drink an adult beverage or two. I am the 60ish year young man sporting Carolina blue in Penn State country.

Posted on: 3/4 15:10

From Lititz, PA
I went to a cigar bar on West King Street in downtown Lancaster. I didn't know or meet anyone at the bar from the paflyfish.com message board.

I did meet a young african-american couple from Wilson, NC. We had a lot in common given my 18 years living in Greensboro.

I forget the name of the bar, but know that it was on King Street. I had three Yuengling Lagers, no cigars, and tacos.

$56.00 was what I spent. That is kind of a lot of $ for not much. I probably won't go back there again.

They did knock it down conciderablly when I started to complain.

Posted on: 3/4 18:31

hey Canoetripper, sorry i missed ya, ended up going a bit earlier than i planned. $56 for 3 yeunglings is insane, not sure what happened there but i had tacos and 3 IPAs and wasn't even close to that...

Posted on: 3/6 9:02

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
That town is taken over by hipsters. Juice bars, yoga studios and skinny jeans for miles.

The show overall was good. Got to meet tons of people I only knew from online which is always fun. If I were to complain about anything, it's a general complaint... time for some new speakers to talk about some new topics. I heard some good things about a few speakers but some have been the exact same for a long time. In the world of fly fishing where things are changing but constant, a little bit of change isn't a bad thing.

Posted on: 3/6 14:10

From Greensburg, PA
that's good because it used to be crackheads and white guys who thought they were gang bangers.

Posted on: 3/6 14:40

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
Quote:

tomgamber wrote:
that's good because it used to be crackheads and white guys who thought they were gang bangers.

In that you are correct. It's neat to see some of the history in that town too. I admire more of the old buildings every year when I go. I ate at the Lancaster Tap Room and had a good sandwich and a double chocolate milk stout on nitro that was really good.

Posted on: 3/6 15:50

From Greensburg, PA
yes,
My past recollection of the Lancaster area isn't flattering. However I have had to occasion to attend events at F&M over the last couple winters and the general appearance has at least improved. Again, good to see some turnaround.

Posted on: 3/7 10:32

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Where do you most want to fly fish outside the region?
Western US 39% (31)
Alaska 10% (8)
New Zealand 32% (26)
Florida Keys 3% (3)
South America 6% (5)
Elsewhere 7% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2018/3/17 12:44
6 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com