Jam food

P

Phish_On

So there has been alot of talk about food for the jam. So I thought we could get a list of peoples who are gunna bring grub for the congregation. Beening a professional chef I would love for us to get a 'pot luck' so to speak for the jam. I think it would be fun and delicious for us to arrange something for possibly saturday night? Let me here your input!

well I already put my specialty on the line:

Tim's "Creole 'em in" Chili

3 years ago the cop judges at the boro's chili contest gave me 3rd because it was "too hot"...funny because when they opened the pots to the public I was the only one that left with no leftovers...feeding the masses since '09!

Sounds good Tim! Looking forward to it. Bring on the heat.

Bruno's gonna be happy. :)

Phish_On wrote:
So there has been alot of talk about food for the jam. So I thought we could get a list of peoples who are gunna bring grub for the congregation. Beening a professional chef I would love for us to get a 'pot luck' so to speak for the jam. I think it would be fun and delicious for us to arrange something for possibly saturday night? Let me here your input!

Saturday would be a good night. As I recall, we had use of a nice large gas grill at the pavillion. I don't prepare much ahead, but will bring grilling foods to share.

Have the chili cook-off Saturday as well. And, if you have special beers you'd like to share or even ice cubes, bring those too!

I will bring some dip and other stuff, I can't remember if there were outlets in the pavilion or not.

Yes, there is electric. I'm not sure how many outlets, so maybe cook at your camp if you can't find an outlet open at the pavillion and then carry it over.

I mean, I'd love to contribute, but I'm certainly not gonna plan on doing it Saturday evening.

I probably won't even make it back to the campground till 10:30 at best. By the time I get the waders off and the equipment put away, it'll be at least 11:00 p.m. And then, the priority is socializing and drinking, not cooking.

This seems more suited to a mid-day thing, IMO. More likely that people will be around.

S'pose I could bring something pre-prepared, though. Chips & dip, or a sausage and cheese....

I'll bring a pot of chili. Made a head put it in the crock pot and yer good to go.

Hmm, I may and or may not have helped develop the 8 time state champion chili recipe at Kipona fest in Harrisburg. I guess I could whip up a gallon or two. :)

Boyer

Yo is anyone gonna bring anything other than chili!? I like chili and all, but damn!

I can't cook, or I'd offer to bring something (other than the Logue family clam dip).

yo Pat, don't worry. We'll keep the buffett going late enough for yo' arse.

I'll try to remember to throw a couple power strips in the truck or bike, then we can plug in all manner of stuff till the breakers blow!
maybe I'll bring some tortilla chips and cheese and such for the chili, and maybe some good bread or whatever to help mop it up.

I'll be bringing some tenderloin caps. Hopefully we have access to the grill again.

I think I will make chili! On a serious note I'll make some lentil soup festooned with oregano and bay leaves.

If I make it I'll be bringing Bacon Bourbon Jam.

MattBoyer wrote:
Hmm, I may and or may not have helped develop the 8 time state champion chili recipe at Kipona fest in Harrisburg. I guess I could whip up a gallon or two. :)

Boyer

If this is true, I've had that. AND DAMN that is good stuff.

Boyer want to put 5 bucks on it ?

Back