« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 11 »

Re: Jam Food '13

From Gamehendge
No need for sauce with this meat.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 21:05

From Lancaster
Phish_On,

I'll bring some assorted chunked up cheese (longhorn, Munster, cheddar, pepper jack, etc.). Also some Jalapeño, Pepperocini Peppers and hot mix veggies. As well as Some assorted crackers to create whatever you like. Just something to snack on.

dc

Posted on: 2013/3/23 15:49

From Gamehendge
Quote:

dc410 wrote:
Phish_On,

I'll bring some assorted chunked up cheese (longhorn, Munster, cheddar, pepper jack, etc.). Also some Jalapeño, Pepperocini Peppers and hot mix veggies. As well as Some assorted crackers to create whatever you like. Just something to snack on.

dc

Sounds good to me. Ill add ya to the list.

Posted on: 2013/3/23 15:50

From Gamehendge
Bump

Posted on: 2013/4/2 9:36

From Gamehendge
List is lookin a little sorry compared to last year. With all the people that "say" they're goin. List should be overflowing with food.
Freeloaders are frowned upon.

The list

~Phish_On-Tenderloin!!, Smoked Scottish Salmon,Wings
~lv2nuymph-Toscana Soup
~Squatch-Clam Dip
~Chaz-Margarita Salmon
~jdaddy-Grits
~Gone_Phishin-Buffalo Chicken Dip
~mooney4- Pickles
~PennypackFlyer- Ox Tail Soup
~pro4mance-Kosher Pulled Prok or Ribs??
~Delta_Dog-Jalapeño popper dip and cookies
~Dc410-assorted meats an cheeses

Posted on: 2013/4/17 15:24

From Souderton PA
Quote:

Phish_On wrote:
List is lookin a little sorry compared to last year. With all the people that "say" they're goin. List should be overflowing with food.

Is there some amount of Irish whiskey that will compensate for my lack of kitchen skill and help me avoid being labeled a freeloader?

Posted on: 2013/4/17 20:55

Phish, I think maybe some people may be hesitant to put their name on the list because the thought of bringing enough food to feed 100 guys is expensive and no one wants to bring that much food.

No one is expected to bring enough to feed 100 people. It's a smorgasbord of things and as long as you bring a decent amount that can be shared, it's all good.

You can add me to the list of food. I'm going to grab a couple cases of 4/1 all beef franks and I can man the grill. I can provide dogs for the freeloaders so the rest of us can enjoy the tenderloin, salmon and ribs. I might even put out a jar for the hot dog fund.

I considered bringing the green chili this year again but it's too much work and I'm lazy. I'll think about bringing some cheese and coney sauce for the dogs but don't bank on that for now.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 8:29

From Gamehendge
Quote:

groove790 wrote:
Phish, I think maybe some people may be hesitant to put their name on the list because the thought of bringing enough food to feed 100 guys is expensive and no one wants to bring that much food.

No one is expected to bring enough to feed 100 people. It's a smorgasbord of things and as long as you bring a decent amount that can be shared, it's all good.

You can add me to the list of food. I'm going to grab a couple cases of 4/1 all beef franks and I can man the grill. I can provide dogs for the freeloaders so the rest of us can enjoy the tenderloin, salmon and ribs. I might even put out a jar for the hot dog fund.

I considered bringing the green chili this year again but it's too much work and I'm lazy. I'll think about bringing some cheese and coney sauce for the dogs but don't bank on that for now.

I understand what you are saying. And you are right. You dont have to bring enough to feed everyone. Just a little something. If you ask me, its not very fair for other people to bring food just to have it eaten by people who didn't bring anything. Called me old fashioned.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 12:54

From Gamehendge
Quote:

FrequentTyer wrote:
Quote:

Phish_On wrote:

Is there some amount of Irish whiskey that will compensate for my lack of kitchen skill and help me avoid being labeled a freeloader?

Any amount will compensate.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 12:55

From Western PA
I will bring a tub of homemade spaghetti salad. Cold salad, much like macaroni salad only better.
Also, pizza burger mixture. Mixture spread on open buns, then toasted in an oven or grill. I enjoyed these in high school.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 20:52

From Pine Grove
I'm gonna do chili again, but figured there to be a second list for this. I'll also probably bring a ring or two of Bixler's country sausage for the grill, I just never figure the community sausage (he he, community sausage) to be list worthy, as it only feeds a few.

Boyer

Posted on: 2013/4/21 7:23

From Gamehendge
Quote:

MattBoyer wrote:
I'm gonna do chili again, but figured there to be a second list for this. I'll also probably bring a ring or two of Bixler's country sausage for the grill, I just never figure the community sausage (he he, community sausage) to be list worthy, as it only feeds a few.

Boyer

Boyer, it seems there isnt as much intrest in the chilli cookoff this year. But by all means make a pot. It was delicious last year.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 21:55

From Ferguson Twp.
Since I'm bringing soup I'll bring bowls and spoons as well.

Posted on: 2013/4/27 8:15

From State College
I was thinking I was going to bring some Italian Roast Beef, I'll bring buns to go along with that.

edit:Now that I think about it, it will probably be Italian Roast Deer

Posted on: 2013/4/27 9:53

From lower burrell, pa
With the rain coming in this morning I decided to take a road trip. Went down to Cabelas in Wheeling to pick up my early birthday gift. Got a Bradley digital electric smoker for the Kosher Pulled Pork. Game on for the JAM.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 14:53

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 11 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com