HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: Jam "stories"
From Gettysburg
Quote:

PatrickC wrote:
Here is a photo of Fishidiot's painting (for those of you who did not get to see it). That's the best I could do with my cell phone. It is happily in it's permanent place on my office. It was just awsome to watch over his shoulder while he painted this thing.

Patrick,
I'm beyond delighted to see how this turned out - thanks so much for the support and enjoy your new office decoration - should remind you of good times and good folks.

All,
Honestly, I'm humbled and amazed at the tremendous enthusiasm you guys have shown for my artwork during this - and previous - Paff jams. To see so many fans and hear so many compliments, encouragement and kind words....is really just amazing.

I'd better not let it go to my head.

Thanks again.

Posted on: 2012/5/21 11:36

From Jersey Shore, PA
Old saying, slightly altered for the individual to which it is directed:

Dave, you're a gentleman, a scholar and a very talented artist. There are very few of you in existance. Just don't let it go to your head!!

I've said it before and I'll probably be accused of saying it again (to which I'll respond "that's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!); your work is some of the finest I've seen. Keep up the good work!

Posted on: 2012/5/21 11:50

From Lehigh Valley
Had a great time at the Jam. Lots of funny stories were shared, but a couple stick in my mind:

Fishidiot's new technique of doing a "chest bump" instead of just landing a fish, and the turtle stories. Flipnfly even caught a turtle on a midge - I'd have never believed it, but he has the picture to back it up.

Funniest saying was about Spring Creek. While most of the famous limestoners in the area weren't in good shape to fish, someone made the comment that "Spring Creek is like the fat chick in the bar at 2AM - not your first choice at happy hour, but she always puts out."

Posted on: 2012/5/21 11:59

From Dauphin PA
Stopped by on Friday evening from 8:30 until 11. Make that a 2:15 am departure. Had an hour drive home and was getting up a 6:30 to take the nephews dirt bike riding for the first time but man was I tired.

It was nice to see some of the guys I knew and to meet a bunch of new guys too. I'm not sure Alby or Biker will remember talking to me. LOL. I think that I'll try to show up and actually fish. I don't think more than 3-4 people at the JAM have ever seen me pick up a fly rod. LOL. I do actually fish from time to time.

Thanks again for a nice gathering.

Posted on: 2012/5/21 12:04

From Ephrata, PA
Yeah sorry the conversation wasn't long, Ryan. Next year I will be a much stronger presence. Arriving Saturday afternono cut into our socializing time big time.

I am surprised how many people recognized me and introduced themselves. Guess I should go back to the old avatar so that by next year, everyone will recognize the Squatch!

I really enjoyed the pickin' and singin'. What's the screen name of the third dude, his real name was Brian? Had a good time jamming w/ Shakey and Brian. Funniest part was Shakey's advice, "Sasquatch...if you forget the words, just give Brian a guitar solo." Nice.

In true form, Shakey also tries to give everyone a solo. Hilarity ensued when I tried to rip a blues solo on a banjo. Hilarity ensues any time I try to "rip a solo" in general...

Posted on: 2012/5/21 12:10

From Clearfield
You did well.

Posted on: 2012/5/21 12:15

From Ephrata, PA
Quote:

albatross wrote:
I'm afraid Sasquatch and I will have to re-hash our theological discussion as, inexplicably, I seem to have forgotten most of the conversation...

I have to say...of all the conversations I expected to have, a discussion around the Lutheran and Presbyterian views of predestination was NOT one I was expecting at 3:30am

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
Sas,

Brian is his real name, and he's my friend. I don't think he has an account yet with PaFlyFish, but that may change soon. He's really beginning to enjoy flinging flies.

From SW PA
Squatch, I nearly "ripped a solo" just putting my boots on Sat, afternoon. lol!

Any way it was nice to meet you guys and if I failed to introduce myself, I'll try harder next year. Its a great event and and great people. Thanks to all for some great memories, and a few moments missing from any recollection at all! I have a few pics but this one is my favorite!

Attach file:

jpg  Chooch_Coty.JPG (108.59 KB)
3277_4fba6a806901f.jpg 448X336 px

Posted on: 2012/5/21 12:20

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
That picture could only be better if it was biting Coty's ass. lol

Posted on: 2012/5/21 12:22

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Ephrata, PA
hah! That's funny Dave!

Alby, thanks for the head's up. I had a hard time believing I would have missed getting his screen name. Brian enjoyed playing my 6 string banjo as well, and made that thing sound SWEET! Tell him he can pick them up on Amazon for a good price

How about another round of "Wagon Wheel"!?

Posted on: 2012/5/21 12:22

From SEPA
Quote:

dkile wrote:
More from me on a blog post. So keep the stories and photo coming.

i would truly like the picture of all of the people who's paitience i've tested over the years and me.

pretty please. with sugar.

Posted on: 2012/5/21 13:40

From Altoona, PA
I would have thought you rescheduled the Jam on account of nice weather. I spent the weekend looking out the window thinking, this CAN'T be the jam weekend!

Tried to call Paul but his phone just rang and rang.

Posted on: 2012/5/21 13:49

From Clearfield
"That's not a dog, that's Chooch"

Posted on: 2012/5/21 14:24

From Southeastern Pa
Glad to meet everyone!

had a great time thursday morning on the little J with PatC. sorry we didn't catch any dude, they're in there, you'll just have to trust me.

headed over to the camp around 12 and was on the road headed for slate run by 2. had a ball up there chasing the big german browns cruising around that area. Pat made me lose a fish...then he tried to send a huge buck through the windshield of his truck to kill me! made it back in time to join the festivities and watch Gary burn up some baked geebus'.

saturday was good, spring creek was generous. the chili was great and so were the conversations. glad to meet all of you.

Dan I hope travis called you because sunday looked like it turned out to be great.

see you at the steelie jam!

Posted on: 2012/5/21 18:33

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com